Two days into my new resolution...and willpower building mus

Options
iftcheiaf
iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
Temptation reared its ugly head yet again today. Since my 7-year-old had a playdate, my six year old son decided we were long overdue for a "date". He even told my husband this morning while we were in the car to make sure we went home so my husband could drop himself off, because it was just "Mommy and me". So off to the movies we went. I bought my diet soda, he bought his slushee drink and junior mints. I was going to ask him if he wanted me to open them, but then figured I would hold off the temptation as long as possible. Apparently, somewhere in the middle of the movie, he opened them. Now, I have a wonderful little boy who loves to share. If he gives you anything, it's from his heart, so saying no usually ends up in confusion and heartache for him. Without even paying attention, he puts one in my mouth. Delicious sweet chocolate and mint. Aaahhhh....I mean, no, no, yuck, bad, don't want that, horrible. Quick - must get the taste out of my mouth with flat diet coke.

Before going to the movies, when he declared he was going to share with me, I told him "no thanks, mommy doesn't want any". I tried to explain about the eating healthy thing and all, but then he gets confused. I mean, my kids are very healthy eaters for the most part, so I don't want them depriving themselves at such a young age.

Fortunately, the movie was distracting enough, that I got no more surprise gifts. Even when my husband text messaged me to bring him home a small bag of popcorn with lots of hydrogenated soybean oil on it, I didn't even nibble on one.

Phew. Another day complete. Does this get easier somehow? Hey, my willpower isn't as flabby adn as out of shape as I have been thinking. Thanks for listening...

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Temptation reared its ugly head yet again today. Since my 7-year-old had a playdate, my six year old son decided we were long overdue for a "date". He even told my husband this morning while we were in the car to make sure we went home so my husband could drop himself off, because it was just "Mommy and me". So off to the movies we went. I bought my diet soda, he bought his slushee drink and junior mints. I was going to ask him if he wanted me to open them, but then figured I would hold off the temptation as long as possible. Apparently, somewhere in the middle of the movie, he opened them. Now, I have a wonderful little boy who loves to share. If he gives you anything, it's from his heart, so saying no usually ends up in confusion and heartache for him. Without even paying attention, he puts one in my mouth. Delicious sweet chocolate and mint. Aaahhhh....I mean, no, no, yuck, bad, don't want that, horrible. Quick - must get the taste out of my mouth with flat diet coke.

Before going to the movies, when he declared he was going to share with me, I told him "no thanks, mommy doesn't want any". I tried to explain about the eating healthy thing and all, but then he gets confused. I mean, my kids are very healthy eaters for the most part, so I don't want them depriving themselves at such a young age.

Fortunately, the movie was distracting enough, that I got no more surprise gifts. Even when my husband text messaged me to bring him home a small bag of popcorn with lots of hydrogenated soybean oil on it, I didn't even nibble on one.

Phew. Another day complete. Does this get easier somehow? Hey, my willpower isn't as flabby adn as out of shape as I have been thinking. Thanks for listening...
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    clapping.gif

I think you'll be okay with only one Junior Mint but then again, it only takes one temptation to cause' a snowball effect. :noway:

Kudos to not even nibbling on popcorn. Your will power sounds like a burst of momentum that you can keep going consistantly. It all just takes a process of taking it one day at a time.

You're willpower and patience will be rewarded in one shape or another (no pun intended). :smile:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    clapping.gif

I think you'll be okay with only one Junior Mint but then again, it only takes one temptation to cause' a snowball effect. :noway:

Kudos to not even nibbling on popcorn. Your will power sounds like a burst of momentum that you can keep going consistantly. It all just takes a process of taking it one day at a time.

You're willpower and patience will be rewarded in one shape or another (no pun intended). :smile:

Couldn't have said it better.
    over
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!