Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

When workouts go bad....

Have you ever have one of those days when your gym workout just doesn't ever click? I just had the yuckiest workout ever. It's not that anything specifically went wrong, but nothing seemed to go right. I got on the elliptical and an old knee injury immediately started to twinge and complain -- and just would not quiet down and behave. So I had to stop every 8 minutes or so to massage my knee. Normally, I hit my stride on the elliptical after 10 minutes, then it's just sweat-city and I'm in the 'zone'. Today, it took over 20 minutes to hit my zone, and even then, the knee was still barking at me.

From there, I started doing my stretches to limber up for weightlifting. No real problem there, but still working around the knee. It was already becomming tedious.

On to weightlifting. I immediately overdid it with free-weight bench press, because I forgot how much weight I did last week. I accidentally added 10 lbs too much, did 2 sets and said to self... Change the weights STUPID!! The good news is that I'm back up to benching 100 lbs.... the bad news is I trashed my arms for the rest of my workout. I did all my sets, but nothing felt "good"... it all felt off.

It's 1.5 hrs snce i came home from the gym, and I just ache.... from head to toe. It's gonna be an ibuprofen day tomorrow. <sigh>

Replies

• jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Have you tried drinking a protein shake? It may be psychological, but I drink a protein drink everyday....and days that I should be sore, I'm not.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    wow that does sound like it sucked. If your knee does that again I would get off the elliptical and try walking or something. That way it doesn't ruin your whole workout. I honestly don't know how you do the elliptical anyway. They kill me. They hurt my hips and knees horrible. And I am 33 years old and weigh 152lbs right now. I have always been a very active person up till the last four years or so. But I can NOT do an elliptical for more than 5 min. and that like i said kills me. I do have arthritis and it acts up sometimes so maybe that is what is going on. But anyone that tells me that they can do the elliptical has my vote. Good job!!
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Yesterday, I did the entire workout I intended to do but never felt the rush I usually feel and actually slowed down on my run for about 45 seconds ...quite a bit...when I would normally be really pushing the pace....on the rowing machine I just did hte workout...enough intensity to get my heart rate up but I really just finished the 15 minutes...usually I am in some imaginary rowing race for my life...LOL...it happens,,,,today was better
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    I eat a very balanced diet, so I've been avoiding supplements. This was just a bad workout from start to finish. I just needed to whine about it. Thursday's workout will be better. I'm going to be confident. THe other option is maybe I'm coming down with a cold?