Fat Mom/Skinny Mom

Options
My birthday was Sunday. So I shared it with Fathers day, which was totally fine. I planned a "hike" with the kids dad, his roommate, and another family. I knew it wasn't going to be a very intense work out, so I decided to get up early and go for a run. We had a nice walk to this place called Little Yosimite. It has huge boulders to rock hop and climb on, a nice steam and lots of water falls and pools to wade in. Most of the walk there I was running back and forth between the kids. Then i climbed to the top of this rock and waited for part of the crew to catch up. As I sat there on top of this rock it donned on me. I used to be a fat mom, I would have never been able to climb to the top of this rock. I would have been beat from the walk. I would have sat my butt in the shade and waited for everyone to finish exploring. And here I was on my 37th b-day in the best shape of my life on top of the world, feeling wonderful.

After the rock hopping and exploring, my friend and I ran the trail back. I felt so proud of myself. Proud to be a skinny mom, proud to be fit enough to play with my kids and keep up, even out last them! I am so grateful for my health. I am not at my goal yet, but I tell you there is nothing more motivating then that moment.

Replies

• teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My birthday was Sunday. So I shared it with Fathers day, which was totally fine. I planned a "hike" with the kids dad, his roommate, and another family. I knew it wasn't going to be a very intense work out, so I decided to get up early and go for a run. We had a nice walk to this place called Little Yosimite. It has huge boulders to rock hop and climb on, a nice steam and lots of water falls and pools to wade in. Most of the walk there I was running back and forth between the kids. Then i climbed to the top of this rock and waited for part of the crew to catch up. As I sat there on top of this rock it donned on me. I used to be a fat mom, I would have never been able to climb to the top of this rock. I would have been beat from the walk. I would have sat my butt in the shade and waited for everyone to finish exploring. And here I was on my 37th b-day in the best shape of my life on top of the world, feeling wonderful.

After the rock hopping and exploring, my friend and I ran the trail back. I felt so proud of myself. Proud to be a skinny mom, proud to be fit enough to play with my kids and keep up, even out last them! I am so grateful for my health. I am not at my goal yet, but I tell you there is nothing more motivating then that moment.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    That's a truly inspirational story. Congrats to you. It's amazing what the loved ones in our lives will motivate us to do. You're awesome!!!!
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!

YOU...................."Rock"?

:bigsmile:
  • teetsel4
    Options
    Good for you!!!

YOU...................."Rock"?

:bigsmile:

Haha! Awesome!

By the way great job on not smoking!:drinker:
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options

Happy Belated Birthday, fellow Gemini! Mine fell on the 7th. Lucky 7.

Glorious tales of hiking, right down my alley. It's great to see how far you've come along. The auspicious trail marks the beginning of new beginnings and it's truly amazing. Your children will feel fortunate to have had you so active in their life, aside from the struggles of parenthood in itself, I imagine. Congratulations on your newfound glory. Hiking for myself is like an utopian exile, a chance to view the art of the terrain and breathe that crisp clean air.
  • georgiaj
    georgiaj Posts: 59
    Options
    That is Awesome!!!
  • kimmy666
    kimmy666 Posts: 56
    Options
    congratulations

you sound well on the way to your goal

:flowerforyou:
  • teetsel4
    Options

Happy Belated Birthday, fellow Gemini! Mine fell on the 7th. Lucky 7.

Glorious tales of hiking, right down my alley. It's great to see how far you've come along. The auspicious trail marks the beginning of new beginnings and it's truly amazing. Your children will feel fortunate to have had you so active in their life, aside from the struggles of parenthood in itself, I imagine. Congratulations on your newfound glory. Hiking for myself is like an utopian exile, a chance to view the art of the terrain and breathe that crisp clean air.

Yes, Hiking has been a new found love of mine the last year or so. I get out as much as possible. It's amazing how fast your endurance builds up! I've even started trail running! It is such a peaceful form of exercise, you are close to nature and doing something healthy for your body, mind and soul.

Plus it keeps my gemini mind occupied!:tongue:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!
    I aspire to be a skinny mom one day! Getting there, see it in the faaaaaaar distance!
    p.s. from your pics, if those are your 'fat' mom pics, then I'll aspire to look like your fat pics! haha:laugh:
    p.p.s. My sons would looooooooooooooove your sons and think they are soooo cool! My 4 year old would kiss the ground they walk on while driving their dirt bikes!:laugh:
    Jennifer
  • teetsel4
    Options
    Happy Birthday!
    I aspire to be a skinny mom one day! Getting there, see it in the faaaaaaar distance!
    p.s. from your pics, if those are your 'fat' mom pics, then I'll aspire to look like your fat pics! haha:laugh:
    p.p.s. My sons would looooooooooooooove your sons and think they are soooo cool! My 4 year old would kiss the ground they walk on while driving their dirt bikes!:laugh:
    Jennifer

Haha! No those are not my fat pics. Good idea tho I should have at least one fat pic on there.

I do love my boys! They are sooooo much fun! Yours are so friggen cute! Mine are past the cute phase, lol! But I still love em!:love: