which is better:morning or evening workout?

kiblinger115
kiblinger115 Posts: 9
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I typically work out around 9pm after my boys go to bed. I've noticed that I've stopped losing weight. I wonder if working out in the morning is better? I do eat my exercise calories after my workouts. Is that my problem? Please help...I am NOT a morning person! : ) thanks!

Replies

• reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    You could be having a problem if you are eating your exercise calories close to bedtime. I have two suggestions. 1) Try to exercise about 1 hour before dinner (4:30-5:30pm) if you can. You will get your exercise in and finish just in time to cool down and allow that temporary metabolic rise burn off what you eat for dinner. 2) If you only can work out in the late evening, I would shave about 20-25% of your exercise calories off of what you would eat (be careful to avoid too few calories and end up in starvation mode which will make the weight loss creep to a stop).

My two cents... I can't work out in the morning either as I have a 1.5 hour commute and have to be at work by 7am. That is just TOO early to wake up.

Hope that helped...
This discussion has been closed.