Organic Food?

Options
Hey, I was just curious how many people are following an organic diet or have any advance on the best or cheapest brands? Anything would be helpful =)

Also, any other comments about health benefits, etc. Thanks!

Replies

• BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I don't do everything organic, but I do stick with my chicken, beef, and eggs and the dirty dozen for veggies and fruit.

Um, it's not cheap. :) I shop at Grocery Outlet for some of my foods (eggs) and Costco for my chicken and beef. I'm lucky that we live in a very agricultural area so we have pretty fresh food around here and great Farmer's Markets. I can always find organic potatoes 5 lb for $3.50 at my grocery store and organic apples vary from 69 cents a pound to 1.99 a pound at another grocery store. Trader Joe's is great too but we don't have one near us.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Do you mean following a clean diet? To eat clean means to not eat anything processed or that has additives in it. I usually spend about $50 on a bag of organic fruits and veggies @ Giant. Not cheap @ all. I eat fish, chicken and turkey. I avoid beef and especially cheese: which contains alot of saturated fat. Beef unless in is farm raised are fed "steroid" type of medicine to make them grow bigger and are fed corn, which I don't eat, bc your body does not digest it. I buy organic salad dressing which taste really good, it does contain alot of fat. Two organic salad dressin brands are annies and deans. Both are great tasting and are not cheap either. I hope that I am of some kind of help in answering your question.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Do you mean following a clean diet? To eat clean means to not eat anything processed or that has additives in it. I usually spend about $50 on a bag of organic fruits and veggies @ Giant. Not cheap @ all. I eat fish, chicken and turkey. I avoid beef and especially cheese: which contains alot of saturated fat. Beef unless in is farm raised are fed "steroid" type of medicine to make them grow bigger and are fed corn, which I don't eat, bc your body does not digest it. I buy organic salad dressing which taste really good, it does contain alot of fat. Two organic salad dressin brands are annies and deans. Both are great tasting and are not cheap either. I hope that I am of some kind of help in answering your question.
    agreed! Whether it is organic or not... the cleaner the better. :)