P90X

Options
2»

Replies

• alliebob27
    Options
    Reepobob: You did answer the question..I just think I'm going to have a difficult time getting down portion sizes..not really me, but my stomach! I feel hungry after eating smaller portions..so I try eating slower & it does seem to help..but it'll just take some time! Thank you!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to get bulky. Seriously, you can't even imagine how many cals you would need to eat in a day to bulk up.

Portion sizes are different for everything, but basically it's what can fit into the palm of your hand. Like a deck of cards. Unless you're measuring nuts! You do need a scale and set of measuring cups and spoons. The scale will be your best friend ;-)
  • pyroxian
    Options
    my question is how do y0u add P90X or Insanity workout to your exercise list with out having to list each exercise.

Invest in a quality HRM (I use a Polar FT60 but any of their mid-range or higher units will give you accurate calorie burn figures).
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    my question is how do y0u add P90X or Insanity workout to your exercise list with out having to list each exercise.

Invest in a quality HRM (I use a Polar FT60 but any of their mid-range or higher units will give you accurate calorie burn figures).

I forgot to tell you this! Yes, you need a HRM with chest strap. I use the polar Ft7. I love it! Your HRM will be your best workout friend, your kitchen scale will be your best food friend.
  • alliebob27
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys! I appreciate it a lot since I'm clueless..obviously ha
  • rahkahhome
    Options
    I am female and have been doing P90X for 2 years. You won't get bulky unless you don't follow the nutrition guide (or some other calorie-intake diet plan that works for you). I would skip the Lean and go straight to Classic. There are specific work-out routines, like Plyometrics, that are not used in the Lean routine that as a female who wants to lose weight, you want that extra intensive cardio work-out that also tones muscles without having to "lift weights."

I can tell you that I did gain weight when I first started P90X (and I did do the Lean routine to start). I think it was a combination of muscle-building and the P90X nutrition plan was not right for me. I had a different situation, however: I only had about 10 lbs of baby weight to lose that hadn't yet come off after a year AND I was already fit (I'm a runner) but didn't do any weights or much variety/full body exercises.

Currently I use the weightlifing workouts, ARX, and mix in some of the cardio routines with running and kettlebells. I'd recommend getting through the 90 days and then mix it up or do doubles. If you modify what P90X routines to what you are able to do and work up to what they are doing in the videos, you shouldn't need to get Power 90 first. But the one comment was correct: if you are not used to doing extreme work-outs, don't try to do everything that the "kids" are doing on the video. They have all been doing the routines for months or years. Do what is comfortable and work your way up. You can always do a second round after the first 90 days... I also recommend the Beach Body P90X message boards where you should easily be able to find a "support group" of other people who are just starting out. It helps to keep you on track.