Hello! Any advice from international traveling foodies?

Options
Hello everyone!
I've been using the mobile app for months now (21 lbs down so far!), but I'm new to the message boards. I'm looking for advice from any international travelers or anyone whose familiar with Spainish and Thai cuisine. I'm traveling to Spain and Thailand at the end of this month and I love to sample the local cuisine whenever I travel. Do any of you have suggestions on healthy local specialties in Spain or Thailand? Or know what dishes are diet disasters? I would love to stick to my diet without completely depriving myself of trying new delishious foods. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Best wishes!
Megan

Replies

• YayMe17
    YayMe17 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would say since you have the chance- try anything & everything you can. Just a little here & there. I know I didn't really answer your question, but if I had the chance that's what I would do. :happy:
    Try the local fruits & veggies. That would be fun!
  • sassysusse
    Options
    You should be fine as long as you watch your portion size. Thai food will be fresh and full of veggies, just watch the carb intake from rice and noodles. In Spain watch the potatoes (tortilla-potato omelette), mayo, fried foods, condensed milk and desserts (they are so good).
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    try to avoid the Yai style deep fried snacks, the curries made with coconut milk are high in fat. the pad thai and rice can trip you up, as well as the peanut sauces that are served with satay dishes. Try broth based soups like Tom Yum soup. Drink lots of bottled water for the sodium level in the foods.