IF YOU ARE MARRIED :)

Options

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    valentines day is my 4 year anniversry.Me and my husband just moved to dallas and rented a 2 bedroom apartment untill we got setteled.So our 3 yr old sleeps in the room with us her bed is right next to ours needless to say there is no fun in my bed till our lease is up:sad:
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've been with my hubby for 6 years and married for over 4. We keep it alive mostly because I just look at him and wanna jump on him hehe. He does the same thing. Sometimes you would swear we were fresh in the relationship the way we can't stop hugging and kissing each other. We also like to tease each other that way when we do get a chance for some love making the desire for it has been building up for awhile. Also my hubby is my best friend, I can talk to him about anything. We talk for hours still about nothing most of the time. Its kinda nice that we can do that. We haven't gotten lost in the kids and house and bills. We still have to talk about that stuff too but we didn't get lost in everyday life and forget each other. As for Valentine's day, we don't really do anything special for it most of the time cause it costs money we would rather put into something useful instead of cards or candy for each other.

Also one of the biggest tricks I've found that helps keep our sex life alive is that we joke about bringing home someone else to join us and we're people watchers so when we are out we'll both be looking at everyone and checking them out. We make sure to point the people out to each other and it sparks a little jealousy but the good kind not the kind that drives people apart. But we also are very confident in each other that it will never turn into something else. If that is there though it would ruin most couples.
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I couldn't think of anything worse than being married :happy:

I laughed so hard I nearly peed myself and I have tears streaming down my face from the laughter

why?

It was just funny in my opinion :) Hey if you don't want to ever get married more power to you :)
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    I couldn't think of anything worse than being married :happy:

I laughed so hard I nearly peed myself and I have tears streaming down my face from the laughter

why?

It was just funny in my opinion :) Hey if you don't want to ever get married more power to you :)

:-), I would be rubbish at being married, I have the attention span of a fruitfly!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I've been with my husband for 18 years? I ask the question...let me do the math...yes. It's our anniversary the day before Valentine's day. Not our wedding anniversary, but the anniversary of the day we met and instantly *knew*.
    So anyway I suggest not having sex for several months and then attacking him, that always works!
    Just kidding, but that's the plan I'm on since I have a young baby haha.
    NO seriously- I just think it's a good idea to always be considerate. If you're going through a rough time in your marriage for example it's a good time to look at yourself first and see if you're doing everything you can for your own relationship vs gunning at him to make him conform to your ideas. That's just a good first check before you explode into arguments about how he sucks- if he truly sucks, well then, you have work to do.

I don't think there's any pat answer to how to keep things 'fresh' in your marriage or what would you do for someone on V day. My premise is that you have to know your spouse and know them well. Surely if you're married to them that condition is met. Men are usually super hard to gift shop for and that means you better listen to every single golden word that falls out their mouth all year long! If my husband spent at least ten minutes listening closely to me he'd know at any given moment what to give me for a gift LOL. So I find myself constantly keeping my ear attuned to ANYTHING he finds interesting. If you know what they're into then you need to get something related to that. My husband is a UT alumni and loves football- I know nothing of football. But I asked around and looked at maps of the football seating LOL and called my brother in law to ask him where good seats were and gave my husband tickets to the A&M vs UT game for him and my son.

This Christmas I also bought him a trip to go to a very secluded island that he's been looking at, alone. That's right, alone. My husband is overworked and super dedicated to his family and me and he wants to chill on the beach with beers and go snorkeling on a primitive island? I'll give it to him..three days for himself. Everyone we know asked me what was wrong with me and why I would book him a trip by himself, why wouldn't I go too? Well- I'm a picky traveler. I prefer Four Seasons or something. He's not- and he just wanted to go relax and space out in the ocean. I realize my shortcomings and HIS needs so there you go.

My whole point is: you know him right? Then you know your own answer. Surely there is something..favorite band, hobby, preference..food? It just depends on his tastes.
  • AFitasticYou
    Options
    I usually get him some chocolate, he gets me flowers. This year we are going to Partner Yoga w/ champagne & dessert afterwards. He doesn't do Yoga, has only ever done P90X yoga, but he is going because I asked him. :love:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. keeping it alive, whats that? LOL
    Been married 5 years and have 2 children as much as I hate to admit it that part of it is dead - so if you guys figure out the key to keeping it alive I sure would like to know (only because its good calorie burn you know HAHAHA jk)

If he says he doesn't want anything for V-Day i try to keep it simple and understated and usually get him a card w/ a gift anyway.

You are way to young to have that part be dead.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get time alone together. We go hiking a lot, which helps us reconnect.

I've been waking my husband up with a back massage in the morning, which he loves! I also think it helps to be touching each other, you know? Get some massage oil (we have a massage bar from LUSH that I like a lot. It's not quite as messy or oily). Make sure you get some massages, too.

Make out in the backseat of a car on the side of the road.

For Valentine's Day, we got a couples massage and private spa room with a sauna and hot tub. It was two hours of awesome!
  • CalorieNinja
    Options
    Hmm.. keeping it alive, whats that? LOL
    Been married 5 years and have 2 children as much as I hate to admit it that part of it is dead - so if you guys figure out the key to keeping it alive I sure would like to know (only because its good calorie burn you know HAHAHA jk)

If he says he doesn't want anything for V-Day i try to keep it simple and understated and usually get him a card w/ a gift anyway.

You are way to young to have that part be dead.

Your telling me! LOL
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Sometimes she likes to be the cowboy and I like to be the naughty nurse.
  • lhague
    lhague Posts: 258
    Options
    They all want the same thing for Valentines - HOT SEX!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 9 years. We've been together for 14. How we keep it fresh is by spending time together and really talking like we did when we first starting dating. Early morning woopee....me jumping on him instead of him having to make the 1st move. Text messages,,,,silly ones & loving ones. Also just saying the words I Love You to each other...it makes it so better. Oh and we always try to top the 1st time we made love. We will never do it but it was just something about that night. It was magic for the both of us and we always reflect on it.

For Valentines Day since it so close to the birthday I would make him a coupon book with different things he can get from you when he cashes them in. I would put one on top that says "use now" really bold. Make him a nice home cooked meal with some wine. Men like to be woooo'ed as well so the things you like he might would like as well.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Wow! The best way the wife and I keep things alive is to make each other a priority in our schedules. I plan my week out with her and the kids in mind first. We try and spend as much time together as possible--despite the kids (I have 3 under 5 yrs old). We put them down by 8 p.m. and try and spend 1-2 hours together after, even if it's just watching TV or talking.

On Valentine's Day (or the weekend before, since V-Day is Monday), I'm doing curbside pickup at the Olive Garden and we're going to spend some "After 8" time together with a meal and some wine.

Usually my wife gives me Valentine's Day off--she told me that everyday with her is Valentine's Day!

God Bless!

Shawn
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    drool.gifwoo.gif
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    drool.gifwoo.gif

Wow another thread hijacked by mindless sex fiends
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    drool.gifwoo.gif

Wow another thread hijacked by mindless sex fiends

Allrighty MassiveDelta

We're just playing and you seem to like to come along for the ride? What does that make you? An untouchable voyeur? Fess up.
  • CalorieNinja
    Options

HAHA :laugh:
  • Ananke65
    Options

I wanna say giddy-up, but that doesn't work :huh:

Ummmm, helloooooo nurse!!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

I wanna say giddy-up, but that doesn't work :huh:

Ummmm, helloooooo nurse!!
    Sponge bath?
  • motivated42
    Options
    Been married for 13 yrs. What usually always works for me is out of the blue, I'll tell my husband how sexy he is. I give him different compliments at unusual times. (For example while he's shaving or when he's not expecting it at all). The smile is worth a million bucks. When my husband and I was going through some difficult times financially, (and I couldn't buy him anything for Valentines Day,) I would write or type him letters about what he meant to me in my own words. He says to this day that those were the best Valentine Day Gifts! Expressing how I feel. Unfortunately, sometimes I have that problem, communicating. That is why, when I do, he seems to appreciate it more.