60 lbs by november?

Options
does this seem like a reasonable goal?? is it possibal to lose 15 pounds every month???

Replies

• happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It's only 6-7 pounds a month, so depending on your starting weight and dedication...yes! i can be totally possible!
  • GlutenFreeWench
    Options
    I'd be honest that 15 pounds every month isn't reasonable.

That's 4 pounds per week, every week.

The recommended WL is 1-2 pounds per week- and most realistic.

Now, 60 pounds by November- depending on what your start weight is, can be very reasonable. It would take a lot of hard work and dedication, but it could be done! (It would be about 2 pounds a week)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    40 weeks from today is November 16th.

1.5 lbs per week will give you 60 lbs in 40 weeks.

Just remember that it's not consistent. And it may be 3 pounds one week, none the next, 1 the next, 2 the next, gain 1 the next, lose 3 the next, etc. but as long as it is a downward trend over time, you're all set.
  • key03
    key03 Posts: 26
    Options
    If you are dedicated and 100% determined then yes you could lose it, I have lost 11lbs in the last 30 days but I have had a few wobbles and bad days along the way, I'm hoping to lose more now that I'm a bit more focused, good luck and I'm sure if you put your mind to it you will succeed :happy:
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Nope :( You said your skinniest was 169lbs, so I'm gonna take a guess by your pics and assume you're maybe around 215-220 now? That's not THAT big! (really!), so your weight loss will be slower. 1-2lbs a week is the best as it gives your body time to adjust and keeps your skin elastic! :flowerforyou:
  • shorty2021
    Options
    i was at 280 now im 265.