New to calorie counting. Getting there!

Options
I'm in week 3 of my diet and have managed to lose 4lbs so far. It's my first attempt at calorie counting (having done WW Points in th past). At first, I struggled but I am slowly getting my head round it. I'm keeping a food and exercise diary and it's encouraging to see how many calories you burn after exercise (swimming is great!).

My downfall/danger time is weekends. I'm OK during the week but feel that I'm undoing all of my good work come Friday night - Sunday night.

I'm trying to cut down on bread, cheese and alcohol and my old collection of WW cookery books are now my new best friends!

Am I the only one who struggles with weekends?

Replies

• DavyRockhit
    Options
    I hear you! I struggle with weekends as well... and often evenings. To fight the cravings I down as much water as I can. It seems that sometimes when we think were hungry we just need hydration. Anyways, I also have such a tough time because all of my socialization seems to revolve around food...and drinks. Girls night out always ends up with a late night taco bell run or some ungodly nachos fresh from the fridge etc... and my husband LOVEs to eat out. But I have been sticking my ground and it is nice to have others to talk to about it. :)
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I find the social occasions and change of routine mean I consume more cals on the weekend, but I also have more time to exercise! I just make sure I log as much as possible and get plenty of activity in before a night out.
  • femouse
    femouse Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself, for late night snacks try snacking on something like low calorie popcorn. There is only 135 calories in a whole bag (7.5 cups) of the oville redenbacher 94 % fat free popcorn. There will always be another day to grab some junk food, another girls night out or something. If you want change you have to be willing to say no and for me that has gotten easier as I have realized that I have my whole life to eat food.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Weekends are hard for me too because that is when my "routine" is all out of wack. I don't exercise on the weekends unless I can sneak one in on Sunday afternoon. I still try very hard to watch my calorie intake, but it isn't as easy. Don't be so hard on yourself. Stay focused and motivated. You can do it!!

4714135.png