Hello, I am new.

Marianne2525
Marianne2525 Posts: 5
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all, I am Marianne, 32, mommy of a little girl. I'm a stay at home mom for now. I live in another country and don't know anyone here, so it's a bit difficult to get motivated. I have been fighting depression as long as I can remember but after a LOT of effort, struggles and trying, I managed to get it more under control. I started eating as a result of this depression and I am now at 115 kilos (253 pounds). I want to start LIVING and eating healthy, for myself. I don't have a support system at home or anywhere so this is why I am here, I hope to make some online friends to keep myself motivated and help other be motivated and positive. I hope you will add me as a friend. Thank you!

Replies

• BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Welcome to the site. You will find a huge support group here, as everyone here is going through a similar struggle. I hope you do well in you journey. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • Hi there Marianne and a very big welcome, have sent you a freind request :wink:
  • Hi Marianne, I was a similar weight when I started 4 weeks ago, and so far have lost 16 pounds.
    So if you stick to the cals and do a bit of exercise, you should soon see some of the weight shifting.
    Good luck and welcome to MyFitnessPal.

Mhairi :o)
  • Hi there Marianne, I'm 24 and live in Scotland. I've been on MFP for 10 days now and lost 7 pounds... I find it difficult at times too, but this site has helped me change my attitude towards food and exercise, and we can motivate eachother when times get tough. Feel free to add me as a friend too. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.