What kind of shoes should I get???

SoFancySoBlessed
SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I in need of some new workout shoes but there are a million and one out there.....Can I get some honest opinions of what is a good work out shoe...? Thanks MFP Fam!!!

Replies

• There are some great independent sports shops that will measure your feet and walking style and suggest what shoes would be good...but these can be expensive places. I have a £40 pair of Nike's that give me no trouble at all even when working out for 2 hours a day or running long distances. My advice would be to go for a decent brand and get them fitted for your feet so you avoid any rubbing or crushing. :-)
  • I got some asics, they are pretty good for running. Go on their website, they ask you a load of questions, to determine what kind of runner you are, and then recommend trainer that would suit you.........where in the world are you? I have the UK website link.
  • I agree that you should get fitted. I bought a pair of shoes to work out in that got great reviews, but they weren't right for me. I ended up hurting my knee and not able to work out for about a month. I got fitted and have loved my shoes ever since. I currently have Brooks.
  • Go to a running shop and get some professionally fitted - there's not really much point asking other people as they all have different feet/weight/body shapes to you and will tell you only what works for them. Simple rule though is not to buy cheap trainers from a 'sports fashion' shop as they'll do more damage then good!
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    :happy: :happy: :happy: I am in Virginia Beach, VA!! Thanks for the help....I will check all of this out on my shopping journey
This discussion has been closed.