Whens the best time to workout?

grizzlymaze
grizzlymaze Posts: 185 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey all, When is the best time to excersice? Right away in the morning on an empty tummy or after dinner just before you go to bed???

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    From what I've read and what I've experienced 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
    Do resistance 1st then cardio. After fasting all night you have about 20 minutes of glycogen stored
    for energy...you want to use that to power your weight lifting. Next when you do cardio you'll be
    burning stored fat for egergy. It's a good plan. Not eating 3 hrs before bed so you go to bed on
    an empty stomach and burn fat during the night.
  • In the morning before breakfast. A new study shows that you lose more weight if you exercise on an empty stomach. Drink lots of water though!
  • Randonneur
    Randonneur Posts: 28 Member
    A small breakfast to get the metabolism working, then a little rest then out in the morning.
    You don't want to run out of energy so you need something to start you off.
  • nparker1124
    nparker1124 Posts: 5 Member
    The best time is first thing in the morning, before breakfast. Since you haven't eaten anything since the day before, you are going to burn fat (versus only burning off what you consumed for breakfast)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    I know they say morning, but I'm NOT a morning person. I feel like whenever you exercise it's good! If you do it later in the day your body keeps burning calories while you sleep. You really can't lose, unless you decide NOT to move!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    If you use the search button there are already quite a few posts regarding this question however i think the only thing that matters is the fact that you are exercising each day.
This discussion has been closed.