AB Workouts

Options
does anyone know of some simple AB exercises to do at home with no gym equipment or with those big exercise balls at the gym??? thnx!

Replies

• loriefolk
    Options
    Crunches are old school but not ineffective. Also, flutter kicks work your lower abs and definitely let you feel the burn :)
  • Pandamonium13
    Options
    I have a friend who is a personal trainer who recommends the plank position. He said that mixing it up and doing one handed planks or one footed planks help to tighten the core. I tried it the other day and nearly cried!:flowerforyou:
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Leg lifts, oblique crunches, mason twists (hold something in your hands like a 5 pound bag of flour, lean back and lift feet off the floor, move weight from one hit to the other back and forth for as long as you can). Also planks are great and if you can hold a side plank pose as well.. really good ab workout!
  • lhague
    lhague Posts: 258
    Options
    Are abs fun? lol Is there a fun way? I don't think so but I like to lay in front of the television to do them, keeps me entertained.

I trained with a trainer for 4 yrs. 4x/wk and he taught me the best way to think about them when doing them. Think about rolling the top of your abs into the lower ab like a "C". I'm 51 and have killer abs. As you get better you can build up to planking your feet on something. Try not to use shoulder to pull self up
  • sweetmo
    Options
    Leg lifts and planks are great for strengthening your core
  • LivingFree
    Options
    This link was shared with me - I just started the program this week and I swear I feel a difference already. Can't wait to see what 30 days will be like:
    http://www.vibrantvegan.com/free-ab-workout-routine.html
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Planks, side planks, crunches, side crunches, reverse crunches, oblique twists, side raises, situps( more of a hip flexor exercise, I know, but still hits the abs), mountain climbers, bird dogs, McGill crunches. Don't forget to work in some lower back exercises to complete your core!
  • megankam
    megankam Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the suggestions...will definetly try all those plank moves (seems like the most popular). think i'll need to google the flutter kick though...lol
  • lhague
    lhague Posts: 258
    Options
    I need to google the "bird dog" :happy: