only 6 pounds to go?

Options
I have 6 pounds to lose until I hit my original goal weight..but my clothes do not fit any differently yet and I dont look like I lost any weight yet..so i'm thinking im 'm going to have to lower my goal weight since im not seeing any results really. I'll wait until I hit the goal but I think i'm going to change it to 110 pounds.

Replies

• arumpler
    Options
    Maybe you could also consider choosing a different metric to measure -- have you had your body fat percentage measured? If the only changes you're seeing are on the scale (and not in the mirror), maybe try inserting some more strength training (or heavier weights) into your daily routine. This will help build your lean muscles, and strength training actually ups your metabolism more than cardio, so as the fat melts away, your lean muscles will be more defined as well.

Good luck with the last 6 pounds!!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Have you taken pictures of yourself to compare before/after. You aren't trying to lose a lot of weight so it is going to be more subtle. Have you taken your measurements? You haven't said how tall you are either is your goal realistic for your height and build?
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Im thinking you need to do more toning exercises.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I have lost 3 pounds and am down to 137 and am 5'2". My goal weight is 130 and am wondering if I should lower it slightly. So I wonder once I get closer if I will feel this way as well. However, I know I can tell a difference just after 3 pounds on my small frame (I see you are short as well) and so think I am going to stick it out until I get to my current goal weight and reassess. I think you will see quite a difference in 6 pounds. I agree measurements and before and after pics are good. Too bad I didn't start measuring untill last week nor did I take pictures....Rats! Good luck!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the same as well. I am still for the most part wearing all the same clohtes as I was before so...I want DRASTIC haha :) Let us know what you decide to do! my goal is 150, but I may shoot for 145 and MAJOR toning
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I think I'll step it up on the lifting i guess. I mean I do it three times a week and each time we work to muscle groups. for examples tuesdays are back and bi's, thursday is chest and tris, and then saturdays are shoulders...does that sound good? we do three reps of 12 for each
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I typically try for 2 strength days a week about 30 minutes each in addition to cardio after on that day. One day is lower body - lots of squats and lunges and some machine leg work. Don't forget lower body! I quit doing it for a while and have just reintroduced it back into my workouts. The other day I do all of the muscle groups you talked of - chest, back, bi, tri, and shoulders 3 sets of 12 each muscle group. I do ab work (mostly crunches) most days and also do some power yoga which helps with arm toning I think. Hope this helps!
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    i forget how tall you are. 5? 5'1? i think your goal is a wonderful one for your height. I say get to it and reasses. Like others have said, maybe other metrics of fitness success...muscle tone...inches, etc...Congrats on being so close to your goal!