St. Patrick's Day 4 Week Challenge Starts 2/17/11

Options
Hey folks!
This challenge is a spin off of the Christmas and Valentine's Day Challenges. A lot of us have been supporting and motivating each other for several months now and we want to keep the family together. However we welcome new family members at anytime.

Here's how it works:
To join the challenge simply post your starting weight as of Thursday Feb. 17th and the goal weight you'd like to be at on St. Patty's Day, March 17th. It's only a 4 week challenge so keep your goals realistic and attainable. 8lbs. is a good recommendation for most people but if you know your body better than that and think you can lose more or less just post what you are shooting for in one month.

Since the challenge starts and ends on a Thursday, we'll make our weekly weight posting days on Thursdays, now keep in mind that doesn't mean you have to change your official weigh in day, for example I go to a clinic once a week to weigh in and talk with a counselor on Wednesdays, so I will post what my weight was on Wednesday, on the site here on Thursdays. In an ideal world everyone on the challenge will post their weight for the week on Thursday but what with everyone having a life or perhaps they are on the other side of the world where it's already Thursday, it seems to take a few days to track everyone down and get them to post their current weight. Either way I'll compile a list to keep track of everyone's progress and post it hopefully by the end of the weekend, or sooner if possible. That way we can be accountable to each other and please post throughout the week if you need encouragement, or check in to see if you can offer advice to others! But don't forget...

Every Thursday post your current weight (CW)

If you are looking to join and it's after Feb. 17th, no problem, just post your Current Weight (CW) of the day you join and the Goal Weight (GW) you'd like to be at on March 17th (St. P-day) remember to adjust for less time on the challenge and then start checking in with the thread and post your CW every Thursday!

Good Luck everyone!

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I was just looking for a new challenge once my Valentine's Day one is over and my weigh in day is already Thursday, perfect!!

I'm Irish and German, so St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays!

I'm probably gonna aim for 4 lbs less than what I weigh in on Feb 17th, but I'll wait to post my final goal until then. I'm nearly at my goal weight so losing more than a pound a week is a challenge! I've been stuck between 150-155 since October and I think it's finally moving downward again after changing things up.
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    In !!
  • haydan7707
    haydan7707 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    CW 170
    GW 165
  • dlangenfeld
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • misskelly121
    Options
    Im in!
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm in. :)
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    definitely in! I've been looking for a challenge and this is perfect :)
  • tkiefe01
    tkiefe01 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am new here I need some friends on this thing! I think that will give me the support I need! I dont know anyone yet on here!

I am interested in a challenge and I have a wedding to stand up in this spring I really need to loose some of my weight I gained from having my daugter! HELP!
  • tkiefe01
    Options
    K I just read the details of the challenge above l am totally in!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Bump for Feb. 17
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well, and will weigh in on 2/17!
  • tkiefe01
    Options
    So do I just weigh in on my page then report back here on this post on the 17th??????? Sorry I just wanna make sure I got the details right! :)
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Im in!
  • Heidi716
    Heidi716 Posts: 135
    Options
    So do I just weigh in on my page then report back here on this post on the 17th??????? Sorry I just wanna make sure I got the details right! :)

You got it, just post your current weight every Thursday on this thread starting on Feb. 17th, when you post for the first time add what the goal weight is you'd like to be at on St. Patty's day!
  • FACSTeacher40
    Options
    Please count me in. I've been looking for a kick in the butt. Was doing very well the end of 2010, but having a hard time getting into the swing of things this year.

CW 179
    GW 170
  • sameantha
    sameantha Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I have lost my stamina since the beginning of Feb. I am slowing wayyyy down this month and need to kick it back in gear.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Bump for Feb 17th!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • EllyK09
    Options
    New member and I'm totally in! Favorite holiday!
  • bri293
    bri293 Posts: 92
    Options
    I'm definitely in! St. Patty's day is my birthday so I would love some motivation to look great for it! :happy: