Don't like cooking...

Fitss
Fitss Posts: 8 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
... So how can I please lose any weight?

I did start to lose it and I don't know what happened because it's started going up again but I'm not eating anything extra.

It's very frustrating. I'm also exercising, not enough though that muscles would get bigger.

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks. Susan

Replies

• murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    What are you eating? Less carbs more Protein. Cut out sugar, eat good fats, peanuts, olives etc..
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    If you are using prepared foods, you are likely getting a lot more sodium than you need. That could be skewing the # on the scale.

Do you have a slow cooker? Allrecipes.com is a great place to find easy, healthy recipes (check the nutrition label). Food.com is another good one. I went through phases where I loved cooking when the kids were little and then hated it later. Now I love it again. (maybe a side benefit of the empty nest syndrome???).

Why not start by cooking one or two nights a week only? And then increasing from there.

Best of luck!
  • I dont have a stove or an oven, so I only eat whatever I can eat straight from the fridge or put in the microwave. I've actually found it to be easier for me, as you can eat a wide variety of vegetables and fruits, and if you like maybe stick with lean sandwich meats that you can throw on a salad or something if you dont wanna cook.

I like to make whole wheat wraps for lunch with spinach, sprouts, mustard, and for me some soy cheese. For dinner I eat a big salad with spinach, and tons of fruits and vegetables in it.

Some easy things to throw together are wraps, sandwiches on whole wheat bread, salads, steamed vegetables, cold cuts, etc.
  • Fitss
    Fitss Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks all for your replies... will try the suggestions :)
This discussion has been closed.