Question for the diabetics amongst us

Options
Can you please give me some idea of your sugar target that you have set on MFP. My diabetic nurse has told me to cut down on mine which is set at 32g, but hasn't told me what to cut it down to, so some ideas from you peeps would be appreciated. I know we are all different but at least I would have some idea. Thank you in anticipation.

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I keep mine around 28-30 and I avoid fruit--it just has too much sugar in it. Plus you need to watch those carbs as they can have lots of sugar in it as well. are you type 1 or type 2 diabetic?
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to 25, but I try not to go over 20, and I also tend to avoid fruit, unless it is in conjunction with something else
  • carolyne2
    Options
    I keep mine around 28-30 and I avoid fruit--it just has too much sugar in it. Plus you need to watch those carbs as they can have lots of sugar in it as well. are you type 1 or type 2 diabetic?

Thank you, I'm type 2 but am a hair away from being on insulin which I don't want to go on if possible. On 3 different tablets at the moment but they don't seem to be controling it :( I have found pears don't have any sugar in so eating them now instead of satsumas and apples, couldn't believe how much sugar they had in.
  • carolyne2
    Options
    Mine is set to 25, but I try not to go over 20, and I also tend to avoid fruit, unless it is in conjunction with something else

Do you find that you can manage to keep to 20 - 25 quite easily or do you realy have to plan out the days food carefully to make sure your within your target? Thank you for taking the time to reply, it's appreciated.