MFP Not Allowing Me to Add More Than 250 Friends

Options
I'm thinking of making a fan page on facebook because MFP won't allow me to add more than 250 friends and I don't want to delete any of ones that I have. But, personally I feel a fan page is sort of.....well, you can guess what I'm saying. Any thoughts?

Replies

• SRQTim
    Options
    Thank you for not deleting me to make space :) lol

I'm s urprised there's not already a FB fan page for MFP? Wow, alot of abbreviations and acronyms lol
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i think the 250 limit is good, that way you stay connected with only the most serious people here. true its sad to have to cut folks but alot of times when i go in to cut they've already deactivated their accounts and stuff. i'd rather have a few truly motivational friends than a whole bunch. i'm about to reach my limit now and may have to cut a few to make room, but most of my friends as far as i'm concerned will never have to worry about it
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I found a fan page and have sent you two the link :)
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I got to 250 pretty quickly, but as I went on, I realized there were so many that I never heard from or posted anything, that I was able to cut it way back. As it goes now, if I go through my list and I dont recall them posting in at least a week, I usually get out the ax.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I got to 250 pretty quickly, but as I went on, I realized there were so many that I never heard from or posted anything, that I was able to cut it way back. As it goes now, if I go through my list and I dont recall them posting in at least a week, I usually get out the ax.

I have noticed that as well. You really only need the ones who reply and chit chat back and forth with, they are there for friendship AND support.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    You can only have 250 because after that it messes with the site and you lose vital features - Mike has been working on this for quite some time but hasn't found any realistic solutions other than to limit the number of friends. Be sure to look through your friends once in a while since there are so many people who drop out and are still on your friends list.

Also be aware that if someone quits MFP and completely deletes their account it will NOT delete them from your friends list and therefore you will have people taking up space that aren't even a member anymore.
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I would just cut ppl I never hear from out the ones where the account is deactivated. Like someone said I'd rather have ppl who motivate me on the list than ppl who are just there to be there. Anything over 250 though lose trackof ppl.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I guess I need to clean house. Thank you for your opinions.