What do I log for "Zumba"?

Options
Anyone out there into Zumba? How do you log it in as there is no category for Zumba in the database? Do you just search for dance and use those numbers for calories burned?

Replies

• LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I enter my Zumba workouts as Dancing, Ballroom, fast - hope this helps!
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I did Zumba last weekend..and i logged it as "Dance".
  • jackier19
    jackier19 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use aerobics high impact and log the amount of time. Mfp gives you the amount of calories burned (although it's just an estimate).
  • mamide3
    Options
    I do not know that was what I was wondering bc I have the zumba for my wii and they dont have it listed since it is new but zumba in general is not very new.
  • KaylaAnnM
    Options
    You could log it as aerobics too! Zumba is pretty hard too so you can pick the intensity you worked at under aerobics.
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    a lot of people using Aerobics high impact (including myself)
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM monitor and burn around 450 calories in 45 mins if that helps.

Mandy xx
  • MelWill1
    Options
    I googled zumba and it says you can burn 400-900 cal/hr. So I log it in at 400 cal/hr. More motivation to do more.
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You should create the category. You burn anywhere from 400-600 calories an hour doing Zumba. I always say to estimate on the low side if you're not wearing an HRM.
  • qwants2bslimmer
    qwants2bslimmer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have just asked the same question, wondered about aerobics high impact as well, I've done it a few times now but never logged it and it sure is a good workout!:happy:
  • moezygirl
    Options
    I log 500 calories for Zumba, it would be the same as high or low inpact aerobics, you can burn 800 to 1000 per class but it depends on your weight, and your exertion. I just keep it at 500 just in case. Hope this helps!
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I use aerobics general so that I don't overestimate calories burned and then go over for the day.
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone! What a big help!
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    See I googled it and got between 500 to 800 and I can see where the difference lies because with 1 instructor, I get a much better burn than with some of the others I've tried.