I just said NO!

Options
So I am very proud of myself... So last night the boyfriend and I were out playing cards, he had a few beers and on the way home he was like stop off at taco bell, (ps. he has no weight issues and has the metabolism of a 6 year old grrrr lol) So I pulled up to the drive thru. Now usually after he orders I would order what I wanted but last night, after knowing I had had a great day of working out and a very balanced healthy food diary, when he asked, what do you want, I said, NOTHING! :) And as he munched down on his 4 times steak burriot thingy that did smell tempting, I didn't even ask for a bite! :) - - - Success story? I say yes!

Replies

• sloopygirls
    sloopygirls Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It is very hard to stay away from the tempting foods especially when Men can burn it off or drop weight in half the time that woman do. Success, OH YES! You deserve kudos for that one! Way to go. Just keep picturing yourself in the bikini or dress of your dreams. Make the agreement with yourself that you have turned the corner and choose to be healthy and happy. Way to go - We are on our way to Hottie-ville!
  • skynyrdchick
    Options
    That's awesome!! I'm proud :o)
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Yieep! I'd say SUCCESS! you go girl!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Maybe MFP should start a "fast food" restaurant and make it healthy stuff so we don't feel left out all the time tho! LOL Like that will happen! LOL Good Job!!!!
  • mskrissytina74
    Options
    Good job, way to resist temptation!!!
    I have a 'fast metabolism man' myself. It makes it a little harder, especially when his "soft spot" is peanut butter cups!! :angry:
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    well done. I'm proud of you too!!!!!!!
  • Hoplost
    Hoplost Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fantasic, well done... keep it up and free proud :flowerforyou:
  • angiebaby719
    Options
    you go girl!!!! im so happy for you!!!!
  • mmanderr18
    mmanderr18 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! It had to have been super hard but so worth it! You've definitely motivated me to keep up my hard work today :)
  • adorablechaos
    adorablechaos Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am proud of you!! Keep it up!
  • elizabethbreed
    elizabethbreed Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great job! I saw a commercial for those burritos just today. They looked tasty, but immediately said to myself "nope, I'm never going to eat those". Congrats on your will power!
  • aalexander0607
    aalexander0607 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats to that! My boyfriend is a foot taller than me and weighs nearly the same. He always eats dinner around the time I do and usually before bed wants to go out and get something else. Its always Cook Out or Taco Bell and I want to eat everything he is having!! Thanks for keeping me accountable and showing me that will power is attainable!
  • mandalina23
    Options
    Thanks everyone! and I weighed myself this afternoon and I'm 2lbs down!! See... if I had ate that fatritto I'd be 2lbs up!!! hahahaha
  • courtrptr13
    Options
    Good for you! It's hard to resist food sometimes, especially if you really like it. My hubby also has a good metabolism, at least so far, and can eat whatever and how much of anything he wants. It can be tough sometimes, but most of the time I will eat an apple or jello pudding or something that is healthy or doesn't have as many calories. I'm the one who has to lose weight, not him :(
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! That is fantastic!!! I hope someday I am able to do the same. I am 8 weeks into this, and I still have next to no willpower. I'm getting better though.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    It feels good to be able to just say "no" and not give in to the bad stuff, doesn't it?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!