minor ankle injury. Suggestions for exercise till healed?

Options
Hi friends :) I have been dieting/exercising for about 17 days and have lost about 6 pounds. Feeling pretty good about that. But two days ago I somehow stressed/injured my left ankle/achilles area and spent yesterday limping about and unable to do any of my regular exercising which has included mostly walking (fast), belly dancing, and dance aerobics. My ankle is still sore today and I don't expect to be able to do any of my dance dvds but I'm hoping I'll be able to try some slow, gentle walking on the treadmill at some point during the day. Do any of you have any suggestions for ways I might be able to burn extra calories while trying to nurse this ankle? I'd really appreciate the advice! Thank you.

Replies

• bigskinner
    Options
    hi sore ankle limits what you can do on cardiovascular, apart from light walking or light treadmilling. the only think to burn some calories is a selection of sit ups, and maybe some different types of stretched using your legs while lying down. sorry to hear about your ankle!!. the unfortunate thing is once we hurt our back, legs, ankles, feet, neck etc, it immobilises us completely!!
  • inspirashley
    Options
    Yeh, it's definitely unfortunate! Well, thank you for the advice :) Situps will help, and I haven't even thought about stretching as a way to burn, but that's a good idea. You know, that could be why I injured my ankle to begin with. I haven't been stretching before or after exercising. Perhaps I should start! Thanks again!
  • literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Boxing type exercises. You can engage core and upper body, do a sitting bicycle won't touch your ankles, leg raises. With some intensity of movement you can get that heart rate up and still impact your weight loss without any chance of ankle aggravation. I did this when I had foot, ankle issues. Hope it heals quickly
  • inspirashley
    Options
    Ok, Great! Thank you! Great ideas!