Seattle MFPers?

ddavies919
ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Anyone out there in the Seattle area?

Replies

• adurfee
    adurfee Posts: 32 Member
    ME!!!!! Currently Ballard, soon to be Shoreline, but work in Georgetown. So all over Seattle really. What are are you in?
  • ddavies919
    Hey adurfee! Nice to meet you! Wow, small world, I live in Ballard too! Have you always lived in Seattle?
  • RGonVSH
    RGonVSH Posts: 44 Member
    Me... I am actually on Vashon, but just a short ferry ride across the water.:happy:
  • ddavies919
    RGon: Nice to meet you too!

So, what do you guys do for fitness?
  • tifanieb
    tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
    I'm not in seattle. i'm just a lil north on whidbey island!!
  • ddavies919
    Nice to meet you Tif!
  • RGonVSH
    RGonVSH Posts: 44 Member
    Right now, I belong to the local gym. I am working out there three or four times a week, doing 30 minutes of weight-bearing cardio for warm-up; then, I work out in the weight room. I walk the dog for two miles on three other days a week, though sometimes, I go to a water-walking class or a yoga class at the gym on my non-strength training days.

I saw on your profile that you use the PX-90. I have read what others have written about it; it seems like a good system. I am reluctant, however, to purchase another at home workout program. I already have an old Nordic Track gathering dust as well as the WiiFit program and some Jillian Michaels and Tae-Bo videos. I actually like Tae-Bo a lot, but I am not ready to tackle Jillian's stuff yet.

Because I work from home, I find it a nice break to go to the gym. It is nice to see someone besides the dog and my teenaged son when he comes in from school. For now, I think that I will continue to belong to the gym as it gets me out of the house and around other people, though it is pretty expensive.
  • ddavies919
    RGon: Nice! I took some water aerobics classes last summer and loved them! They really are a great workout! Sounds like you're very active! That's great! I've got some of the JM DVD's too and love them! I love her! I've done P90X 3 times now, starting my 4th round at the end of the month, can't wait! I used to be a gym rat and then found these Beachbody programs and haven't looked back! They really do work!

Well, if any of you are ever in the area, I help host a free group workout every Tuesday night in Magnolia! Let me know if you're interested and I can give you the details!

Keep up the good work everyone! I just got done with my killer workout and I'm not done for the day!
This discussion has been closed.