Which protein powder?

Options
I'm thinking about using a protein powder to substitute my lack of daily protein. Do you use a protein powder? If so, what kind? I'm not sure if I can pick up any protein powder (ie. WalMart, Walgreens) or if I should go to GNC

Replies

• thelassiemickyjames
    Options
    Designer whey is SO GOOD. Really smooth, creamy, and tasteless, and it easily dissolves into drinks when stirred in. Can't live without it.
  • oldscratch
    Options
    if youre not in to dairy...like me. try hemp protein powder. its good.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I use pure protein. It has JM on the label. I like it b/c it doesn't have an = amount of carbs. Good luck in your search.
  • jag325
    jag325 Posts: 11
    Options
    I use a protein powder generally after a hard work out. My favorite would be Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Protein. I drink the Double Chocolate flavor (which I think is the best!). I get the 2lb. bottle which is about 30 servings I believe (not positive though. I just know its a fairly large container). I buy mine at Vitamin Shoppe but I'm sure GNC would carry it as well. It's one of the most popular protein powders out there. I also like it because it isn't a weight gainer (only 1g of fat per serving). You can mix it with any liquid but I prefer water to prevent added calories. I use about 6-8 ounces of water and a scoop of powder, shake it up and drink. It's also nice because it mixes well and doesn't get thick.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I use pure protein. It has JM on the label. I like it b/c it doesn't have an = amount of carbs. Good luck in your search.

I use this one, too.
  • benitocereno
    benitocereno Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition's is, from what I hear, the best around. Also be aware that there are different forms of powder. Whey powder is great for post-workout and supplements, while casein is digested slower and better if taken before bed so you can rebuild those muscles while you sleep after a hard day of lifting or working out :smile:.

I'd order them online if you can, it's bound to be cheaper than pretty much any supplement store.
  • jkrobertson1998
    jkrobertson1998 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If you have a Sams Club, they sale the 5lb of EAS 100% whey cheap. It's in a bag instead of a container though. It taste pretty good.
  • ScottMcCormick22
    Options
    I found Body Fortress from Wal-Mart to be the best. Tried several and that one always wins out.
  • joshbravo
    Options
    I'm thinking about using a protein powder to substitute my lack of daily protein. Do you use a protein powder? If so, what kind? I'm not sure if I can pick up any protein powder (ie. WalMart, Walgreens) or if I should go to GNC

Whey Protein is a great after workout source that can be digested in about 10-20 mins.

Casien Protein is a healthier choice that is derived from milk and has lower sodium amounts.

Soy Protein is great for vegans and vegitarians but not as good as previous stated.

Egg White Protein are a GREAT source of amino acids.

If you were just looking for a protein to supplament in for helping out you DV's then I would go with Casien Protein powder and those can be found at any grocery store or supplament store. I would ONLY use whey protien if you are working out and want to help promote muscle gains.