Waist belts

Has anyone tried the waist belts that wrap around your stomach and lower back...making it sweat more while you do cardio?

Replies

• allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Has anyone tried the waist belts that wrap around your stomach and lower back...making it sweat more while you do cardio?
  • zen68
    zen68 Posts: 138 Member
    Yes I use my quite often...and it is gross when you take it off....
  • allie5199
    Does it seem like its working?
  • I have used one of these for years and love it. My wife thinks it is a waste of time, but I disagree. There are at least two advantages in my opinion. 1. Better posture while you workout. and 2. It keeps off a lot of water weight in that area. I don't know what other benefits there are to it, I'm sure there are some, but these two make it worth while for me.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Yup! And damn you sweat!!
  • This seems like a really great tool to use during a workout! I'm also are trying to trim my waist and tummy! Do you know what type of stores I can buy this from? Or the name of the company that makes them? Just curious of pricing:happy:
  • allie5199
    I think I saw one at walmart for around $5
  • zen68
    zen68 Posts: 138 Member
    They are cheap I got mine at K-mart....if anything I feel good wearing it even if it is all hope..:happy:
  • Cool:happy: , I will try either of those stores !! Very reasonable in pricing
  • Does it fit like a "tummy bra" or is it like an actual belt??? :indifferent:
  • Fab140
    It velcros around your waist, so you don't have to buy a new one every time you get tinier!! :wink:
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    After you "sweat off" this weight does it come right back on???
  • Fab140
    It's water weight. So long as you stay hydrated, it'll help push the water out of your tummy area.
  • frankp
    frankp Posts: 83
    I'm sorry to hear you fell for the weight loss belts claims. You are a victim of fraudulent advertising.

Here is something from the Federal Trade Commission issues Reference Guide for Media on Bogus Weight Loss Claim Detection

http://www.naafa.org/news/ftc_redflag.html

Here is an excerpt from the FTC site:

Question: What investigations and law suits are underway?

Answer: A number of investigations underway. They went after the weight loss belt people and they shut down. The FTC also sued Steve Garvey, a celebrity supporter. FTC called for self-regulatory action as well.
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    I agree that the waist belt is not a "weight loss tool". And though I don't think it really directly causes weight loss, I do like using one. I occasionally wear the waist belt during workouts, usually when running and sometimes biking. I have found that it is very helpful to keep my posture good and lower back supported when running and or biking. I especially like to wear it to workout when my midsection is feeling extra flabby, a good hard sweaty workout and I "feel" thinner around the middle. But that may be all in my head!
    Also note that it is not reccommended that you wear it for longer than and hour and you should wear a t-shirt under it to asbsorb all the sweat and protect your skin. If you feel like you're getting too hot and uncomfortable, take the belt off.
    And remember to drink extra water, pushing out a lot of sweat is good for you, but you must replenish fluids.