BMR & Calorie Intake QUESTION!

Options
AlliOops
AlliOops Posts: 66 Member
So question:

I have lost 2 pounds (YAY!). I have entered the new weights into my check-in section. Does MFP automatically adjust for my new BMR rate? I mean, my goal is to consume 1200 calories a day, but now that my weight is changing - shouldn't that number change too?

Replies

• AlliOops
    Options
    So question:

I have lost 2 pounds (YAY!). I have entered the new weights into my check-in section. Does MFP automatically adjust for my new BMR rate? I mean, my goal is to consume 1200 calories a day, but now that my weight is changing - shouldn't that number change too?
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't think it prompts you about adjusting goals until you have lost 10 lbs (and continues for each additional 10 lbs). I know I received a message after my last 10 lbs and I don't believe I've seen it change any other time. You can always go in and adjust your goals whenever you like.
  • AlliOops
    Options
    So I will continue to lose weight without adjusting my calorie intake? I remember on weight watchers, you had to adjust your points after losing a few pounds. But 10 pounds makes sense, thanks WildKitty
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You Go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must have been the delicious crunches making you lose all that weight :laugh: Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AlliOops
    Options
    Oh it is...it IS

(insert sounds of wiping crunchie crumbs off my keyboard) :laugh: