hunger pains

Options
mimzy
mimzy Posts: 135 Member
I've been really good and staying within my recommended ranges, but I am still feeling a great deal of hunger. It seems like I'm ALWAYS hungry and looking at the clock to see how close I am to the next meal/snack. I'm 2 weeks in...is this going to quit soon? Will my body quit crying about it's loss of junk? help!! :frown:

Replies

• mimzy
    Options
    I've been really good and staying within my recommended ranges, but I am still feeling a great deal of hunger. It seems like I'm ALWAYS hungry and looking at the clock to see how close I am to the next meal/snack. I'm 2 weeks in...is this going to quit soon? Will my body quit crying about it's loss of junk? help!! :frown:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    You may need to eat denser foods. If you're eating a lot of processed food, your body isn't holding on to them. Try eating granola and lite yogart or another combo of whole grains and protein.
  • mimzy
    Options
    I'm not eating any processed foods or any fast foods...So far today I've had a soy yogurt cup, a grapefruit, a glass of juice, and a granola bar....and I'm STILL hungry and it's ony 10:30 am!
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    make sure that you re getting all of your water. I notice on the days that I "forget" to drink lots of water are the days that eat more and I go over my calories.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Protein Protein Protein. I was having a really hard time with breakfast, and then I started having an egg or two or a couple slices of turkey bacon. Now I'm full all the way until lunch. Or even a Special K Protein Water will keep my hunger sated. That's all I would recommend, is a little more protein.

Peanut butter is good for keeping me full longer too.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    have more smaller meals evenly spaced throughout the day.
    Eat foods with higher protein content
    Drink all of your water and then some.
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    I have a multigrain english muffin with peanut butter (protein). That keeps me full for a few hours.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    You should also consider the foods that satisfy you psychologically and make sure that you space smaller portions of those out throughout the day - if you happen to be an emotional eater then this can actually have quite a significant bearing on your feeling of hunger and getting through the day!
    HTH :)
  • divalovesyou1
    Options
    Water, Water and MORE WATER!!! I know you're probably sick of hearing this by now. I'm also recently join MFP and I'm just a couple of days in with my dieting! What's really helping me curb those cravings is Water ( and little healthy pre-packaged snacks).... I try to drink 8 cups a day (even if it kills me) :sick: .

So far so good!! I suggest you give it a try and see how you feel!:flowerforyou:

P.S. If you have a bladder like mine you will have to pee like a mother! (Just buy some Depends)..... (Seriously, Just kidding about the depends LOL) :tongue:
  • mimzy
    Options
    Thanks yall! These are some GREAT tips!!
  • mimzy
    Options
    Water, Water and MORE WATER!!! I know you're probably sick of hearing this by now. I'm also recently join MFP and I'm just a couple of days in with my dieting! What's really helping me curb those cravings is Water ( and little healthy pre-packaged snacks).... I try to drink 8 cups a day (even if it kills me) :sick: .

So far so good!! I suggest you give it a try and see how you feel!:flowerforyou:

P.S. If you have a bladder like mine you will have to pee like a mother! (Just buy some Depends)..... (Seriously, Just kidding about the depends LOL) :tongue:

I hear ya! I'm thinking catheter though--just kidding.
    The bonus to lots of water at work is the extra exercise I get going downstairs to the bathroom! Double good!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I do not know if this will work or not, But when I am hungrey and wanting to stay in my range for the day and worry about going over I slam some juice...
    But the 100% stuff. Like Ocean Spray 100% Grapefruit juice. Or something that I have made on my own. Water works well for this also.
    Slam meaning that I drink it fast. Then my tummy is full till I get to the next meal.
    BTW in answer to your question, YES your craving will go away in time.
    Watch those stress situations however they sometimes bring back the cravings.
    --Diann...
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Sometimes is just has to be though! Oprah's trainer always talks about having to embrace hunger a little if trying to lose weight - you literally do want your body to eat it's own fat when you are hungry!

I think you've mentioned you've been here for 2 weeks, and you've lost 9 lbs!!!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!!

You are doing great, so keep it up!
    :flowerforyou:
  • mimzy
    Options
    Sometimes is just has to be though! Oprah's trainer always talks about having to embrace hunger a little if trying to lose weight - you literally do want your body to eat it's own fat when you are hungry!

I think you've mentioned you've been here for 2 weeks, and you've lost 9 lbs!!!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!!

You are doing great, so keep it up!
    :flowerforyou:

Thanks! I'm sure it's mostly water, though.
  • hopefriese
    Options
    along with the other suggestions, I would also try to eat foods low on the glycemic index, so as not to trigger an insulin response.

hf
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    I read a quote by Julianne Moore the other day. She said that she is always hungry.
    Just deal with it.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I use kellogg protein water. Its relatively cheap, and it staves off hunger like whoa. Plus its got a nice dose of fiber too :)
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    along with the other suggestions, I would also try to eat foods low on the glycemic index, so as not to trigger an insulin response.

hf

A rarely realized list that is even more comprehensive and particularly more relevant to blood sugar is the list of foods that are low glycemic load. Low GI foods are a good start, but certain foods like carrots or watermelon are pretty high GI however are really low GL because they have a minimal effect on blood sugar levels. You can google glycemic load index and get some good lists!!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I did get better about feeling the hunger pains after a couple of weeks. The first few weeks I did this, I was starving all the time. But my body did get used to it and I don't feel that way all the time now.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it's actually a good idea to eat most of your calories in the morning. Remember the say "eat like a king at breakfast, a prince at lunch and a pauper at dinner" there's nothing wrong with scrambling a couple of eggs, and having them with a side of toast, a yogurt, and some sliced fruit in the morning. In fact, it's recommended. So if thats when you're feeling it the most, that's when you should eat it. Just make sure you tailor the rest of the day to allow for it. good luck! :flowerforyou: