Failure....!!

Failure refers to the state or condition of not meeting a desirable or intended objective, and may be viewed as the opposite of success.

So if we have a bad day have we failed?, if we see a few red figures on our Food Diary at the end of the day have we failed?, if we haven't exercised as much as we did last week have we failed??......of course not!!!!!

All the things I mentioned above are part of progression, they are what makes us human. We are not machines...we cannot function the same way 100% of the time so if you are having a bad day or maybe even a bad week......don't get the idea of failure in your head, pick yourself up...gather your thoughts....scream out loud if it helps!!...... and get back on it.

You can make time, you can plan ahead, you can push yourself but the only thing you cannot do is fail!!!

I get quite down when I see the "<insert name here> has not logged in for X amount of days" because I know we can all do it, sometimes we just need someone to re enforce that and thats what this place is all about.

Hell I am pretty sure without the support on here I would of stared failure in the face more than once....and maybe it might have won the fight back then. But not now...as the quote goes......"FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION".

Ben.

Replies

• BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    What a great post!! Thanks :smile:
  • Love IT!!!
  • Thanks!! Very encouraging!! :smile:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Thanks. Some days I need the reminder.

4714135.png
  • Wonderful! I love stuff like this! Always makes me smile. I feel like I CAN NOT give up no matter what...and I have a hard time forgiving myself when I am make a mistake. Sometimes it's the best to just let go and do better...after all we do learn from mistakes. MFP Rocks!
  • JUST WHAT I NEEDED :smile:
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 133 Member
    Love the post! Thanks for keeping us all on track and reminding us that it's okay to have a bad day. We just need to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and begin anew. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Great post!! So true.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Great post! It makes me think of that speech that Rocky gave his son in the last installment of the Rocky movies "Rocky Balboa"

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that!"

So we just have to keep moving forward :)
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Great post! It makes me think of that speech that Rocky gave his son in the last installment of the Rocky movies "Rocky Balboa"

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that!"

So we just have to keep moving forward :)

No way!! The Rocky theme tune came on, on my ipod just as I posted this!! Freaky huh!!......I need to go find some steps to run up!!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member

No way!! The Rocky theme tune came on, on my ipod just as I posted this!! Freaky huh!!......I need to go find some steps to run up!!

That is pretty freaky!