30 day shred and treadmill

cheers2change
cheers2change Posts: 2
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I got the 30 day shred video last night. I am excited to start it tonight. Can anyone tell me what I might expect.....and please tell me it's worth it. I bought 3lb weights to go with it. I am also going to get a treadmill with my tax return. I would appreciate if someone can tell me what to look for when considering one. TIA!

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    I can't tell you about the treadmill part, but I can tell you about the 30-day shed. I started with 1 lbs weights because it had been so long since I worked out. It is very intense; Jillian Michaels works you hard. It is worth it though. I was sore in the beginning for a few days, but I kept pushing through the pain. It does pay off. Don't give up and keep fighting. I am now up to 3 lbs weights. I do level 1 still most days, but I do level 2 once or twice a week for variety. I don't sweat easy, but sweat alot with the 30-day shed. I always feel great afterwards even when I don't feel like working out that morning. I always do it before my babies get up. It is 27 mins long which includes a warm-up and cool down. You will do 3 intervals which consists of 3 mins of strength, 2 mins of cardio, and 1 min of abs. Good luck and have fun.

4714135.png
  • NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    30 Day Shred is worth it. They're short workouts but very effective. I'm glad I bought it. You can't really go wrong with Jillian's videos. She's good at motivating and pushing.

I don't know about treadmills either. I use one at the gym to cool down after strength training. Look for one that inclines.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    I love the 30 day shred! I burn about 300 cals doing Level 1. Good luck with it! I also don't know anythig about treadmils, sorry I can't help there.
  • Hi I bought a Rbk one out of argos about 4 years ago cost about £500 on sale, would reccomend. Goin well use about 3/4 times a week.
  • Oh its the best workout I have done. I started with lvl one for awhile about 3 weeks with the 3lb weights. I had not worked out in many months so it was wonderful to get my endurance back. I just got done doing day 6 of lvl 3. my baby belly has shrunk to almost nothing. I wish I would of taken measurements before because i know i have lost inches. And I am soooo much stronger!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    So I started the 30 day shred today.. It kicked my butt but not like I thought it would. I was already sore from yesterday. I think maybe it would have had more of an effect if I wasn't trying to be so quite lol.. It was 530 in the morning. I have a mandatory meeting tonight for work so I decided I would work out in the AM. I don't feel like it was enough. So when I get home and put my son to bed I will jump on the elliptical. So I will be doing almost the same thing as you.. Good luck to you!
  • Hi, noticed a few posts on 30 day shred, what's it all about??????
This discussion has been closed.