A Twist On Water

Options
Im not sure if anyone dislikes drinking plane water, I dont mind but I notice I can drink all my 8 glasses of water a day when I add a hint of flavor to it..Lately I been adding Crystal Light on the go packets to my water, istead of putting a whole packet into a 16oz. waterbottle I split 1 packet between 2 or 3 waterbottles, I just like that small hint of flavor, I try to get the ones that have no sodium in them...The one im into this week is raspberry lemondae only 5 calories and no sodium...So anywho.....I get kind of bored with the same flavors all the time and was wondering if anyone else has some other great ways they lighten up there water without sugar or sodium and very few calories...I love to try new things:drinker:

Replies

• adamstc88
    adamstc88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like the walmart brand of Peach tea packets to go in your water. That is my favorite!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I only drink water, no soda or juice. I use Crystal Light also, the natural lemonade flavor. If I'm in a restaurant I ask for water with lemon or lime slices on the SIDE, then I can squeeze some lemon in my water. I've also dropped fresh melon in my water, yum!
  • WEN575
    WEN575 Posts: 34
    Options
    you could just add some cucumber, lemon or mint slices to your water, adds a subtle hint of flavour and negligible calories.
  • tifanieb
    tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i use just a hint of lemon juice!! very refreshing
  • youngronin
    Options
    I don't mind water that much as long as its cold. For dinner I allow myself to drink a cup of Organic Blueberry Juice...its working so far!
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like the Crystal Lighte packets too. I also split them between at least two bottles of water. It's too much flavor for me if I put a whole packet in one bottle.
  • KellyB2076
    Options
    I used to work at a spa, and we would make cucumber water. Super yummy and refreshing and just a little sweet to it. Just cut up some cucumber and put it in the water, but let it sit for a few minutes so the cucumber flavor can come out.
  • KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    I got this one from my cousin :)

She has water jugs in the fridge (as opposed to water bottles) so she fills them up with sliced cucumber, it is so refreshing!! It has just enough taste to it without adding a bunch of sugar or anthing. And thats all she adds is about a half of a cup of sliced cucumber. Especially if all you are going for is just that little hint of flavor in the water this would be a great way to go!!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    you could just add some cucumber, lemon or mint slices to your water, adds a subtle hint of flavour and negligible calories.

Totally agree. I find Cystal Lite makes me bloated.
  • cupcake18
    Options
    Not sue if you like tea or not but Nestea Unsweetened has 0 cal.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I like the True Lime, True Lemon, and True Orange. The Orange is my favorite but it's also harder to find. Those 3 are all 0 calories. Occasionally I use the True Lemonade/Raspberry Lemonade which are each 10 Cal per packet.
  • mcarpe52797
    Options
    Lipton makes tea bags that are fruit and berry blends. I love the Bavarian Wild Berry. One in a big glass of water adds just enough flavor when I'm sick of plain water.
  • LittleBuddy13
    LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    All great Ideas, Thanks Im going to try them All out eventually, I think next week Ill start witht the cucumber and mint...thanks for the tips everyone:drinker:
  • susanjh212
    susanjh212 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I have been making a brita filtered pitcher of water in the refrigerator with: one lemon, sliced, half of a cucumber sliced, 10 or so mint leaves and when I have it, some fresh grated ginger, 1 tsp. I put the additives in a net bag used by brewers and it is easy to pull out and refresh every day or two. I have been drinking more water since moving to the mountains 15 years ago, but this additive makes it fairly easy to drink 6 to 8 cups of water a day! Could probably just have one or two of these ingredients, but the combo is really great tasting!
  • kwgatlin
    Options
    I'm usually under my goal for fiber so I've been adding a teaspoon or two of Benefiber - Orange Non Gritty to my water once or twice a day. It tastes really, really good and I'm sure I could use some extra fiber. It helps shake thinks up a bit. 15 calories for 2 tsp.
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a spa, and we would make cucumber water. Super yummy and refreshing and just a little sweet to it. Just cut up some cucumber and put it in the water, but let it sit for a few minutes so the cucumber flavor can come out.

I went to a spa and they had this for the guests. It was awesome! I have never tried it on my own though.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I try like crazy to stay away from artifical sweetners,so no crystal light for me, There are flavor packed out that are simply powered fruit kinda,lol called True Lemon, or True Lime, and even True Orange, I like orange the best.
  • weyvt
    weyvt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love O Water. It has water with added natural flavor. No additives, artificial sweeteners, just water. Berry, lemon, orange, lemon/lime. Really tasty!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I love the true lime and true orange. Used to love the true lemon but found out I'm allergic to lemons lol. I don't like crystal lite because it contains aspartame and if I'm going to drink anything with that it might as well be pop. (which I rarely drink now). I also have a juicer sometimes I will make fresh fruit juice and add a splash to my water for flavor.