Exercise

Options
Any one know when it is the best time of the day to exercise?:happy:

Replies

• sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I would think it is when you personally have the most energy. I have to wake up and do my exercising because by 5:00pm I am so tired from working all day the last thing I have energy to do is exercise!
  • knelson422
    Options
    I saw on Dr Oz that the best time to burn fat is first thing in the morning.
  • nldsmiley
    nldsmiley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I work out everyday on lunch at work. Sometimes a extra one at night but that is only once or twice a week.:bigsmile:
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Whenever you determine is best for you. I prefer when I first get up. I like to get it over with, because I never know if I will be able to fit it in later, Some people like doing it in the evening. Anytime you can exercise will help, and if you can pick up your activity level, that's all that much better.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's completely up to you. You're going to burn the calories no matter what time it is. Just pick a time that works with your schedule and that you can do consistently. I do nights after work because there's no way I can get up early to do it...
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, you gotta make it work for you. I have a very weird schedule so sometimes I work out in the morning, sometimes the afternoon and sometimes early evening - whenever I fit it in is when I go for it.
  • cupcake18
    Options
    Thanks everyone I will just try to keep getting it done everyday..:bigsmile:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    The best time to work out is consistently. Which, conveniently, also happens to be the best workout.

Whenever you feel the most active to perform the most activity.
  • katacha999
    Options
    the BEST time is whenever you commit to do it! If that's AM, great, PM, fab! Just DO IT! I heard a grat way to schedule it once, treat it like you would any other appointment and DO NOT cancel it period. So if you reckon it's 9AM or Noon or 4PM - you slate that time in your day timer from now til eternity and that's a rolling date that you have with YOURSELF and whoever else you choose to workout with. :happy:

I'm personally prefer AM, but that's only my preference and I also know the longer I procrastinate the more likely I am to bail. But I have a flexible work schedule so I find it easy to accommodate my training.