Biggest Loser yesterday!!!

Options
Did everyone see how "the others" got stuck on the food calories??? It's because they sit down and everything is prepared for them. They have no idea what they're eating! Bad recipe for at home disaster!

Replies

• grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Very Interesting point. I didn't even make that correlation while I was watching last night.
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize that, either!
  • Swilson87
    Options
    That may not be it. The food was stuff that they aren't eating on the ranch. So with no prior knowledge it took them a while. After all how many times will they be under that kind of pressure in a restaurant? I have an app on my phone that lists every fast/sitdown restaurant's menuse along with calories.
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yes, the men on the red team had no clue!!! It was hillarious!! Although, they did admit they had no clue and that one of them would never make fun of a calorie counter again (I think he was the one with the beard that made that remark).
  • jeeping_mom
    Options
    I noticed that too. I feel sorry for them and hope they can learn quickly before they get sent home!
  • FIREfitGrl27
    Options
    I know. That's why the red team (former unknowns) lost that challenge. It goes to show how important it is to make sure YOU know exactly what is going on with food and YOUR consumption of it! :)
  • chantalicious
    Options
    I think it's a little of not knowing about the calorie count in foods they haven't been eating and because their foods are being set up for them. Personally I would rather learn how to do it myself then have someone do it for me. Give a man a fish vs. Teach a man to fish...ya know!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't make the connection last night either. i'm amazed at how I know calories off the top of my head now. Or, I can eat another protein tonight, but not a carb because I don't want to go over on carbs for the day.
  • MichaelPommier
    Options
    I was thinking that same thing. BirdsofaFeather and Swilson87 both have good points. My wife and I have been trying to pay attention to the number of calories we take in (thanks to MFP) and I was a little confused myself. I found myself questioning a couple of them.

I do think that the fact they have their meal prepared for them has something to do with it, but if you noticed, they caloric content of their meals is given to them as well. However, like Swilson87 said, they weren't counting their calories when they would eat that stuff before they came to the ranch so it would be very difficult.

We also have to take into account the creative editing which may or may not have occurred to increase the drama of the show.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    Yeah I called it before they even went back to the ranch. They were going to struggle because they were catered to the whole 4 weeks...There was no way they were just going to go back to the ranch and be ok...the only reason the big guys are losing the weight now is because they are big and can burn off what ever mistakes they are making...the green team will do the best because they aren't from the original others and get a switched up work out so their body has to readjust and burn the calories to do so and they know how to deal with their food and take care of themselves.
    Arthur made a poor move, but it resulted in an interesting way.
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    what is the name of the app???
  • princesspurple
    Options
    who went home? I fell asleep before the black team weighed in!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options

Please PLEASE tell me you're joking :)
  • Seesaa
    Options
    who went home? I fell asleep before the black team weighed in!

Q went home.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    thanks-not surprised about Q..he was very lazy-did he lose weight at home?
  • Seesaa
    Options
    thanks-not surprised about Q..he was very lazy-did he lose weight at home?

yep he lost weight at home...seems he did keep his promise in his own kind of way.
  • Swilson87
    Options
    Fast Food Calorie Counter is the app I use. I have a Samsung Fascinate, so it may be different on other phones.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

Please PLEASE tell me you're joking :)

LOL, kind of trying to stay away from fast food here. :wink:
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    They maybe just focused on winning to much they couldn't concentrate.
  • BirdsofaFeather
    BirdsofaFeather Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That may not be it. The food was stuff that they aren't eating on the ranch. So with no prior knowledge it took them a while. After all how many times will they be under that kind of pressure in a restaurant? I have an app on my phone that lists every fast/sitdown restaurant's menuse along with calories.
    The chili was only 270 calories. That could easily be a low calorie meal. The black team picked up on that right away. And even if its the food they're not used to eating on the ranch...they sure were familiar with it before.
    Bob and Jillian always talk about nutrition with the contestants. The other team had their first conversation about nutrition with their trainer last night!

Plus, the other calorie challenge with Chef Curtis Stone, the team on the ranch won as well. Preparing your own meals does help and it's been proven (and yes, the outcasts knew their daily menu's calories per meal but had no idea where exactly the calories were coming from).