Medicine Balls?

bstamps12
bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Anyone have some good exercises with weighted Medicine Balls? My normal gym is closed due to snow so I have to go to my university's fitness center...which has very few machines but does have a nice set of medicine balls.

Replies

• mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    You can do squats and lunges with them like you would weights. Also there a lot of great ab exercises to do with them. Good luck!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    I love medicine balls! You can really get your HR up with them too. I mix them in with my weights routine.

-You can squat and bring the ball between your legs then up over your head (increases HR).
    -Throw the ball on the floor with authority! (I actually saw them doing this on the biggest loser last night, that's a good arm exercise and increases HR).
    -Push ups with one hand on the ground and one on the medicine ball
    -Sit ups with the ball in your hands
    -Stand with foot against wall, legs scissored, and throw (without letting go) ball against the wall for a tricep exercise
    -It can be a good shoulder exercise if you use motions that you would normally do with weights
    -Woodchopper!

That's all I can think of off the top of my head! good luck!
    Do they have a Bosu too?
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    I can't remember if this gym has a Bosu or not, but I love the Bosu at my regular gym! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.