Girls I need advice!!!

Options
peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
Do people still think it's tacky to wear white to a wedding? I have a wedding to go to this weekend and I wanted to wear a pair of white dressy capris, turquoise fipflops, a cute white and black see through shirt with a black tank top underneath, and a turqoise belt!! I know at my wedding my father in laws wife was going to wear a white dress, just white, that she had wore to her own wedding, I thought that was a little tacky, but if I'm pairing my outfit with black and turqoise, do you think it's a big deal? I have a pair of black pants to wear but I really wanted to go more summery with the capris!!!

Replies

• peej76
    Options
    Do people still think it's tacky to wear white to a wedding? I have a wedding to go to this weekend and I wanted to wear a pair of white dressy capris, turquoise fipflops, a cute white and black see through shirt with a black tank top underneath, and a turqoise belt!! I know at my wedding my father in laws wife was going to wear a white dress, just white, that she had wore to her own wedding, I thought that was a little tacky, but if I'm pairing my outfit with black and turqoise, do you think it's a big deal? I have a pair of black pants to wear but I really wanted to go more summery with the capris!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Sounds cute! I say go for it! :smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I think its ok to wear the capris as long as your top isn't completely white. It's more of a "don't want to interfere with the white of the bride" than it is tacky. I wouldn't worry, nobody will mistake you, it'd be different if you were thinking of a white dress.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I don't see any reason why wearing white to a summer wedding would be tacky! I say if it looks nice and it's obvious that you aren't trying to steal the brides thunder, go right ahead!

:flowerforyou:
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think it's a prefectly fine outfit! It's summery and it isn't solid white.
    A solid white dress would be tacky--because that's what the bride's wearing.

....now, if the bride is wearing white capris and a black top...you might want to reconsider!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i wore a comletely white dress to my sister in laws wedding last year!
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I think that if you were wearing ALL white that that would be tacky, but since you are wearing some color with it-you are safe. I just went to a wedding and wore white pants with a blue top and felt very comfortable.
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    sounds perfect for a summer wedding as long as it is not all white.....

another bride showed up at my wedding to say hi to my mother in law who couldn't make it to hers....:explode:
  • Zeii
    Zeii Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think you will be just fine in the putfit you described. Especially since it's Spring/Summer. Now if you were wearing all white, that might be seen as tacky.
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i wore a comletely white dress to my sister in laws wedding last year!
    Dang, Sparkles, poor thing. Call your sister in law up and ask her if she'll do a do-over!
    :ohwell:
    LOL...I'm sure you looked beautiful and no one thought twice about it.

I wore black to a wedding once....I don't think that was the right attire.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    lol, well no one there seemed to care and definitely didnt say anything. so im not worried one bit!! \\

It was on the beach and pretty informal..so i dont think a do over is necessary :)
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    ooo that sounds pretty penny!!! I love turquoise and white....really nice choice!:flowerforyou:

I also think Em that wearing white to a beach wedding is acceptable...unless you out dressed the bride lol....it could happen you are the diva!!!:wink:

I love weddings and getting all dressed up!! have fun honey!:happy:

hugs!
    ali
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I think that would look nice.
    Like Ali said, as long as you're not outdoing the bride, you are good to go.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I think you will be fine... sounds like a cute outfit.

I agree that I think the "white outfit" thing only applies to an ALL WHITE outfit.

You are good go! Have fun! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

I wanted to add for Emily that beach weddings seem to be an exception... they are usually so casual and white is a common color at the beach. :bigsmile:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I think capri's would be great! When I was 18 I did the dumbest thing when I couldn't find a thing to wear....I wore a white top and skirt!!! STUPID ME!!! I'm sure the bride will never forgive me...but I did it. ::sigh:: Oh well, if that's the worst thing I ever do.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I think capri's would be great! When I was 18 I did the dumbest thing when I couldn't find a thing to wear....I wore a white top and skirt!!! STUPID ME!!! I'm sure the bride will never forgive me...but I did it. ::sigh:: Oh well, if that's the worst thing I ever do.

see you in fashion hell girl.....:devil: bwah ha ha ha ha!:laugh:
  • peej76
    Options
    Ok, so I'll stick to that outfit, thanks fashion gurus lol!! This is going to be the event of the century!! I can't believe they are finally getting married, they have been dating for 15 years, since we were teenagers, and he finally proposed!