water intake

Options
Does calorie free tea or flavoring (like crystal light) count toward your water intake?

Replies

• allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    Does calorie free tea or flavoring (like crystal light) count toward your water intake?
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Options
    Gosh, I would hope so.. lol.. It's all I drink.. However, I think it could also possibly count as a diuretic? I'm not sure. But I drink plenty of it during the day, I'd really like it to count.. :laugh:
  • Jendaya35
    Jendaya35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I asked the same question at the fitness club I am a member of, they said it does count toward your water intake. Hope that helps. :flowerforyou:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    3 servings a day is what they say is ok.. the rest should be regular water casue it has no calories.. crystal light had calories.... but thats what they say....
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    Yes, it counts....I love to drink water, but some hate to, and I recommend taking in water in any flavor you enjoy! And the diuretic qualities of tea and coffee are overestimated by popular myth. If you are used to drinking caffeine, the amount of extra urine you put out is very small compared to just drinking water. :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it counts but try to drink plain water too..... no additives..... and it's just plain cheaper :bigsmile:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Yes, it counts as water for the most part... I say that b/c I was told anything without carbination, calories, and/or caffine can count as water. So I would be sure that your tea is caffine free. And I would limit the crytal lights to one a day. Just my advice.

Good Luck!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: