most filling, less calories

Options
aisha786
aisha786 Posts: 87 Member
I am trying to make a list here of the most filling, lowest calorie foods to add into my snacks and maybe lunch. I was hoping to keep the foods 100 cals or less, if not, we can try for 200 cals or less? What do you think?

Replies

• aisha786
    aisha786 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am trying to make a list here of the most filling, lowest calorie foods to add into my snacks and maybe lunch. I was hoping to keep the foods 100 cals or less, if not, we can try for 200 cals or less? What do you think?
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Carrots, brocolli(raw), and celery with Hidden Valley Light Ranch dressing! I eat this all the time, I feel like I'm eating alot!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I freeze grapes. One cup has roughly 100 calories, and they take FOREVER to eat, so you feel like you're eating a lot. Plus, they're nice and frosty when it's hot outside.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I second the grapes. YUM.

also Oatmeal, I eat it as a snack a lot. Hardboiled eggs, yogurt with berries, and crackers with light cheese.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I put a big pan or wok on the stovetop, spray it with PAM, and throw in an onion, celery, broccoli slaw, shredded carrots, bean sprouts and whatever other veggies I have on hand. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. It's about 100 calories and so filling.

Sometimes I'll dump the whole pile of veggies onto a whole wheat tortilla, which brings it up to about 240 calories.

Yummy!
  • insearchofskinny
    Options
    I found this list of best 100 calorie snacks in Good Housekeeping:

-2 cups raspberries
    -28 grapes
    -1 cup blueberries
    -1 cup mango chunks
    -½ medium cantaloupe
    -15 strawberries dipped in 1⁄4 cup Cool Whip Lite
    -45 steamed edamame (green soybeans)
    -2 tablespoons each of mashed avocado and chopped tomatoes stuffed in 1⁄2 mini pita
    -½ red bell pepper dipped in 3 tablespoons hummus
    -Campbell's Soup at Hand Blended Vegetable Medley
    -1 hard-boiled egg with 1 slice Melba toast
    -4 slices Sara Lee Honey Ham with 2 teaspoons honey mustard, rolled in lettuce leaf
    -½ mini bagel with 1 ounce smoked salmon
    -1 Laughing Cow Light Creamy Garlic & Herb cheese wedge and 3 Triscuits
    -1 Kraft Polly-O Superlong Twist-Ums string cheese stick
    -1 Yoplait Light Smoothie
    -½ cup low-fat cottage cheese with 5 strawberries
    -29 pistachios
    -60 Pepperidge Farm Baby Goldfish Crackers
    -1 Jolly Time Healthy Pop 100 Calorie Mini Bag popcorn
    -25 EatSmart Café Fries
    -12 Back to Nature Sesame Ginger Rice Thins
    -12 Quaker Quakes Cheddar Cheese Rice Snacks
    -40 Rold Gold Classic Style Pretzel Sticks
    -5 Nabisco Nilla Wafers
    -1 Whole Foods Market Two-Bite Brownie
    -1 Healthy Choice Mocha Fudge Swirl Bar
    -9 Tootsie Roll Midgees
    -1 pouch Keebler Sandies Right Bites Shortbread Cookies
    -½ cup Sharon's Lemon Sorbet with 1/4 cup blueberries
    -1 Skinny Cow Fat Free Fudge Bar
    -1 Nestlé Butterfinger Stixx
    -12 vanilla Miss Meringue Minis
    -4 Country Choice Certified Organic Ginger Snaps
    -1 Vitamuffin Vitatop

Good Luck :heart:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I eat a half a can of tuna 75 cals and one tbls of lowfat mayo 20 cals then I stuff it inside of a half of a cucumber or pickle with has very los calories. I scoop out the filling and add it back in my tuna salad. This leaves me a good amount of calories for dinner and snacks later on
  • insearchofskinny
    Options
    hmmm.. that sounds good!:heart:
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Air - popped popcorn - 15 calories per cup - you can eat like 7 cups for only 105 calories.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Oh and shirataki noodles, just 40 cals a bag and I take a cup of lower calorie spaghetti sauce around 40 cals and I have a filler meal for only 80 cals
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yoplait yogurt! I've become addicted to every different kind they have and one small thing of it's only 35 calories. :smile: :heart:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I put a big pan or wok on the stovetop, spray it with PAM, and throw in an onion, celery, broccoli slaw, shredded carrots, bean sprouts and whatever other veggies I have on hand. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. It's about 100 calories and so filling.

Sometimes I'll dump the whole pile of veggies onto a whole wheat tortilla, which brings it up to about 240 calories.

Yummy!

I do this, too. But I like to add a little cornstarch dissolved in about a 1/2 cup of chicken or veggie boullion when the veggies are almost done to give it a chop suey sort of consistancy. VERY good over steamed brown rice.
  • kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    lettuce, any kind with light creamy caesar dressing ( i like t marzetti ultimate caesar light or wishbone creamy caesar light) 2 tablespoons regular croutons and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese. its liike 85 calories

also popsicles are really good and vary from 10-40 calories each
  • donna0003
    donna0003 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Most have been said, but these are great to eat snacks...

grapes, pickles, carrots.

Another thing I have done is counted chips and put them in a baggy so I wouldn't overeat them. Not that chips is a good healthy snack, but if you have to have them then it's a good way to keep it in control.
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have been going thru Quaker Quakes of any flavor like they are cool!

You get to eat eat eat and still not be too many calories!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with Luna Bars...all kinds (except for th lemon ones--to me yuck:sick: ) it's like eating a candy bar without the fat and sugar...The Highest calorie one that I have come across is 180 calories.

I'm on the road alot with my job, and I will grab these and eat one for breakfast...yummy..and very filling ( for me at least)