scales

Options
I was thinking of purchasing a scale but Im afraid that Ill become obsessed with checking my weight. My gym has a scale and a person to take measurements. Should I buy a scale or wait to go to the gym the weigh in?

Replies

• MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have to say I enjoy having a scale.. I do weigh in everyday and to me when I see it move thats so thrilling... i do the yiiipppiieee dance my kids think im crazy...LOL but everyone is different.....
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    if you think you might have a tendence to get obsessed, I'd say wait and weigh at the gym. And besides, it's additional motivation to go to the gym!
  • SamWTFx3
    Options
    The gym would probably be more accurate, but if you don't feel comfortable doing that, then buy one. You should weight yourself about once a week, that's what I do.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have to say I enjoy having a scale.. I do weigh in everyday and to me when I see it move thats so thrilling... i do the yiiipppiieee dance my kids think im crazy...LOL but everyone is different.....

Same here, weighing every day helps to keep me acountable.
  • jayce28
    jayce28 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think that you should get into the habit of weighing your self at the same time everyday! Like maybe first thing when ya wake up...i think once a day is being obsessive. I bought my own as even though my gym has a nice one i got on the scale 3 time and had 3 diffrent results ...as who knows when the last time it was calibrated...just a thought!
  • akalei
    akalei Posts: 34
    Options
    You can uy a scale if you like. But it would probably be best to continue using the gym scale for your weigh in and stuff. Cause different scales could give you different numbers slightly.
  • wilmelenne
    Options
    I get obsessed and have to tell myself not to weigh myself everyday. I suggest not to do that since weight flunctuates depending on water retention. But it's better to have one to keep your tracking consistent and weigh yourself at the same time when you do weigh ins. Good luck!
  • emdee069
    Options
    I do the exact same thing.