c-section tummy

Options
Hi, I am losing a little weight and I'm tightening up in places :) but I have a very troublesome tummy area! I have had 4 c-sections and I have been told I will NEVER lose that bulge. Have any of you got this same problem?? Maybe someone has over come it?? If you have any suggestions please do let me know!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Oh I'll bet mine is uglier than yours-as one of my C-section wounds got infected and had to be reopened and left to heal adn seal on its own and is crooked and ugly. Oh well!
  • hjfischer
    Options
    I have no idea. I have had 4 c-sections and this one looks the worst. Although, this time it is taking me twice the time to lose all the weight as well. Depressing right now. Maybe once all the weight is gone, the csec won't look as bad.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections. After my first, I actually got down to a good size, where I was comfortable in a swimsuit, and the tummy was pretty much gone (about 19% body fat). I'm having a much harder time after my second. I still have 10-12 lbs to lose before I'm at the same weight, and about 5% body fat to lose to be the same there too. I'm hoping that will get rid of it for me.

You'll probably want to focus on cardio to lose the fat, but include some core strength training (pilates or other ab workouts) to help the muscles underneath - especially those that were cut during the c-section. I used Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD after my first, and it was enough of both cardio and strength to do the trick. Give it a little time too... it took me about a year after the first to get to that point.

I've also heard that increasing omega 3's in your diet (or taking capsules) will help, and decreasing body fat to 10-15% will force your body to give up those last reserves of fat. On the flip side, it's sometimes genetic, and you may never completely get rid of it without a tummy tuck.

Hope this helps!

@lilmissgenius - thanks for the links. I'm going to check those out too.