Calorie counts for Texas Roadhouse?

Options
We have a gift cert for Texas Roadhouse and were going to take the kids for dinner, however I am so lost as what to get!!! They don't provide a nutrition guide online, and from what I was reading, they probably don't have them at the restaurant either.. HELP! what can I eat?? I know the rolls and butter are totally out of the question!
Thanks

Replies

• Konstantin19
    Konstantin19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If your going to Roadhouse, leave the calorie counting at the door, just kidding. This website has some Roadhouse food items and their calorie info in the database. The rest you might have to guess at.
  • kutz04
    kutz04 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you go to the food tab and then to the database, type in Texas Roadhouse. Most of the food will come up, that is what I used to figure it out when I went to Texas Roadhouse.
  • KellieR56
    KellieR56 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    try calling in. that place is so good! eat half of the plate. it's going to be high in calories for sure. that's why it's so yummy! hehe :]
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    tell the serve to keep the bread---don't even bring it to the table, its good for the whole family to skip that part.

Have a garden salad for starters!!! nothing fancy, just veggies and some light dressing on the side.

Then have grilled chicken or steak--no sauce, tell them to hold the sauce or put it on the side. Tell them to take their potatoe or fries and put it where the sun don't shine--and ask for some steamed veggies please.

WE HAVE GOT TO LEARN TO TELL OUR SERVERS WHAT WE WANT TO MEET OUR NUTRITIONAL REQUIREMENTS! I stress this to so many people because I go out to eat every weekend and I still consistently lose weight, but I tell them what I must have in order for me to be happy. If you want to lose weight bad enough, you will tell them--otherwise, its your own fault--sorry to sound so harsh, but we are here to help each ohter.
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i know they have salmon... but even that probably isn't super healthy with all the stuff they put on it... and the veggies i think are soaked in butter. but its SOOO good.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Google "how many calories in (whatever you thing you want to eat)" and you can probably find how many calories are in what. It may take you a while to find it but you can get a good idea.
  • luv2ash
    Options
    try calling in. that place is so good! eat half of the plate. it's going to be high in calories for sure. that's why it's so yummy! hehe :]

It does not have to be high in calories if you make the right choices.
  • luv2ash
    Options
    i know they have salmon... but even that probably isn't super healthy with all the stuff they put on it... and the veggies i think are soaked in butter. but its SOOO good.

you tell them whatever comes on it--to hold it. Tell them you want it lightly seasoned with no butter or sauce, and grill it!!!!
  • szieres
    szieres Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm looking it up in the database, but some of it just doesn't seem right... and how did they come up with these numbers if Roadhouse doesn't even provide them?
    I found a dinner listed in the database:
    Texas Roadhouse - Grilled Shrimp Dinner With Brown Rice, Veggies, Side Salad With Italian Dressing

It says its only 650 calories? total? really?? Hmmm..
  • szieres
    szieres Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have no idea - but thank you for giving me a craving that I won't be able to satisfy for at least a month :tongue:

Awwwwww... I'm sooo sorry!! If it makes you feel better, we might not even go if I can't figure out what the heck to eat! LOL
  • spetersen
    Options
    You can order grilled chicken and a baked sweet potato. Just ask them to cook everything without butter or oil. Ask them not to put anything on the sweet potato. Add a little side salad. It's still very yummy.
  • grannyjanet
    Options
    We went there for lunch today....had Mesquite grilled salmon and baked sweet potato......side salad.....was fantastic...Hubby thought they were skimpy on the salmon but actually once we finished we felt stuffed.....Not too many calories for fantastic lunch and got the omega 3 from salmon....I checked the food list on the fitness pal food site and we knew what we were getting before we got there....Hope this helps.
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    we went there a few weeks ago. although i did not tell the server to keep the bread cos i LURVE it haha i didn't eat 4 rolls to myself though i only ate one.

I got a small steak cos all i ever eat is fish, turkey or chicken. for my sides i got a baked sweet potato no butter or salt or anything.... PLAIN (its how i like em anyways) and the other side i got the steamed veggies no butter no salt.