Homemade guacamole

Martha_VH
Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
I made guacamole today with 1 avocado and 1/2 cup Chi Chi's salsa and a little lime juice. I didn't have time to cut up more veggies so I just used salsa.

What is the nutrition information?
Specifically, calories, fat, unsaturated fats and.... what is a serving size?

Replies

• bethendrix
    bethendrix Posts: 5 Member
    guac is very high in calories, but dont write it off....it's fat is like that of fish. very heart healthy. :flowerforyou:
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    If you go to the recipe tool in the food tab, you can add in all the ingredients and it will give you nutritional totals.
    By my count, if you used a med. avocado, 2 T salsa, and 1/4 c. lime, you would end up with 347 calories total, and 87 calories per serving, if you split it into 4 servings.

But you should go in and calculate it yourself so you get an accurate total.

(love guac, by the way!!)
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Thanks!
    I know its high in fat and calories, but it IS the healthy kind and I love it!!!

This morning I made an egg sandwich with 1 sandwich slim bun, 1 egg, 4 strips of bell pepper and 1 Tbsp guac! Yum!

The eating plan I am following actually encourages you to eat serving of the healthy fats. Examples of featured menu items:

1 piece of whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp natural peanut butter and one medium apple
    1/2 cup cottage cheese with 1/2 cup chopped veggies and 1 tbsp sunflower kernels
    1/2 cup vanilla yogurt with 1/2 c sliced strawberry and 1 tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips!

These are all things I love, so this is an easy plan to stick with! :)
This discussion has been closed.