i bought a bike!!!

Options
impulse shopping last night with my roomate... and i bought a new bike! i'm super pumped and excited to be saving some money on gas in the long run.

i'm going to be biking to and from my job teaching swim lessons at the Y monday thru thursday. round trip it's about 9 miles. anyone know how many calories this will burn?

Replies

• chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    impulse shopping last night with my roomate... and i bought a new bike! i'm super pumped and excited to be saving some money on gas in the long run.

i'm going to be biking to and from my job teaching swim lessons at the Y monday thru thursday. round trip it's about 9 miles. anyone know how many calories this will burn?
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    That's great, I'm happy for you!

I don't know how many calories it burns offhand but it is listed in the Exercise Database.

Enjoy!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!! Have fun with your new transportation!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

Depends on your heart rate. I did ten miles this morning with my HRM on and I burned 375 calories. My ride was mostly flat, a couple hills that got iHR going and I rode avg 13 mph. There have been some days that I really pushed myself and burned more than that in the same amount of time. It is all relative to getting that heart rate up.