Biggest loser or silliest loser?

Options
I was watching the latest biggest loser episode (australia) and they were playing the temptation game. I don't usually watch it because I'm not a big fan of reality tv series but I was looking for some motivation.

I was disgusted when one of the players was forced to down a 2000 calorie picnic meal (roast chicken, coleslaw, pasta salad etc) and she threw up after that. What is the purpose of forcing them to eat it, shaming them and putting their already unhealthy bodies at a bigger risk?

Yes I know they don't have to play the game if they don't want to but it's still ridiculous.

Sorry for the rant but I thought I had to put it out there.

Replies

• time2move
    time2move Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The last one here (US) was a Valentine's chocolate challenge. The one who "won" ate 35 pieces of candy.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is a type of aversion therapy? If you eat something and get sick, you aren't so quick to eat that food again. I don't watch TV, so am only guessing at the logic behind what you are describing.
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    How weird, I saw the temptation challenge of one of the earlier seasons and it was amazing.

The contestant who ate the most cupcakes was able to go home to his/her family for a weekend. Because no one wanted to down 50 cupcakes they voted on who was most deserving of going home, and that person ate one cupcake. He ate "the most" so he was allowed to go home for the weekend. It was really heartwarming, I'm sad that it hasn't stayed like that :-/

All we know is that we wont be eating whole picnic lunches or towers of cupcakes anytime soon right?

xxx
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    dont even get me started on this show watched it maybe three times since it fristed aired and havent watch it anymore after those times. and one thing i hated to be call is oh wow your the biggest loser im like um no i hate that show lol.
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    To be clear, there were 10 picnic baskets. One of them had $25k and the other had food ranging from 50-2000 calories. Only 4 contestants took up the challenge. One of them got the 25k BUT the condition was that he had to leave the biggest loser. If he stayed, he won't be allowed to keep the money.

I mean COME ON! It's advertised as a contest to help people get healthy and lose weight but this is just.. ugh. Oh well.