How many meals do you eat a day?

Options
So I use to be one that would eat lunch and dinner and then snacks whenever. Now im eating tons of meals!

1- breakfast- weekdays its usually egg and some type of protein. sunday is big meal.
2- first break- a bar (nutri-grain usually) and fruit
3- lunch- varies but usually have a treat with my main meal
4- last break- fruit and a snack
5- after work- snack, fruit or veggies
6 - supper - whatever fiance cooks or something quick if im on my own (homeade still)
7- desert- usually lifesaver popsical or popcorn

Of corse it varies but i do try very hard to get protein in the morning (can tell a hour into my shift when i dont) and am trying to shift alot of my calories more to mid day than dinner.....so fellow mfp friends, how to you stucture your meals? Any tips or ideas you wanna share?

Replies

• iheartmemories
    Options
    Breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. So, four.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    mid-morning snack
    lunch
    afternoon snack
    dinner
    evening snack
  • mtwd65
    mtwd65 Posts: 51
    Options
    breakfast - cereal
    morning tea - usually fruit and nuts but we have a lot of celebratory morning teas at work where I try to pick the lower fat options like scones instead of cake etc.
    lunch - generally leftovers from previous night so will include protein carbs and vegetables.
    afternoon tea - kids pack of plain biscuits generally.
    dinner - protein, carbs and vegetables
    supper - no fat yoghurt and honey.

That is a typical day, if I don't have leftovers to take to work I will have japanese takeaway, sushi rolls or Gyoza, or Okonimiyaki.
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    I do a breakfast
    Mid morning snack ( usually a piece of fruit)
    Lunch
    Afternoon snack ( usually a piece of fruit)
    Dinner
    Snack
    So about 6, but it depends on the day.. somedays I am at 3
  • trackgirl_08
    trackgirl_08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I work nights so my schedule is weird:

Breakfast
    Lunch
    6 pm Work Snack
    8 pm Dinner at Work
    10 pm Work Snack
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    depends how long my day is. i normally eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack. but on days i am hungry or i dont get a good lunch cuz of lack of time i take it. i eat breakfast, small lunch, snack, dinner, and snack. mostly 4 though. if i eat more then 4 i over eat on my calories and i end up eating way to much cuz i cant stop myself.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Depends. If I'm working, I'll generally have breakfast and lunch first (before starting at 3pm), then a meal on my break (at 7pm), and then something small when I get home (11pm) with some fruit snacks throughout the day. If I'm not working, I go by mood, and end up having lots of snacks rather than actual meals.
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    1. Protein Shake
    Workout
    2. Granola Bar
    3.Breakfast
    4.Snack
    5.Lunch
    6.Snack
    7. Dinner

So 7 times.. it really does help out eating every 2-3 hrs to keep your metabolism going and you lose weight in a good pace..Hope that helps.. :)
  • vzgregg
    vzgregg Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    3 to 4. breakfast, lunch, and dinner...and maybe a snack that's either mid morning, mid afternoon, or after dinner. i don't eat a snack every day though.
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I really try to eat my heavier meals during the morning..something heavy like Oatmeal..and turkey bacon..that will hold me if i eat between 7-11am.
    Snack is 1/2 banana and a fruit cup..some Cashews here and there..
    Lunch...sandwich/Salad...other 1/2 of banana...by the time Dinner comes around..im not really that hungry..Although, i have to eat..its something very light and fulfilling.

Good Luck!
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I usually have breakfast. lunch. dinner & then an evening snack. If I'm hungry throughout the day though I'll have something very light in between meals. ie) yogurt, veggies, fruit, trail mix. It also depends on how much time you have throughout the day...Sometimes I will chew sugar free gum instead.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Six, on a work day:
    Breakfast - hot or cold cereal
    Morning Snack - fruit
    Lunch - usually a turkey sandwich and red/yellow pepper strips
    Afternoon snack - yogurt
    Dinner - varies
    Evening snack - usually ice cream :blushing:

Three, on the weekend:
    Breakfast - cottage cheese or yogurt with fruit, english muffin or mini bagel
    Lunch or Snack - varies
    Dinner - usually at a restaurant or something home-cooked but not too low-cal
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I teach at a school with a balanced day, so instead of one lunch hour, we have two "nutrition breaks".

1- Breakfast (around 7:30)
    2 - Nutrition Break (Lunch #1 @ 11:25)
    3 - Nutrition Break (Lunch #2 @ 1:45)
    4- Dinner (Usually around 6:30, since I go to the gym after work from 5-6)
    5- Snack (Around 8:00)

Then, BEDTIME!
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    A toast and cup of tea at 6am before I go to the cowshed
    Breakfast when I get back from the cowshed
    Lunch
    Afternoon tea
    Dinner
    Supper (cup of tea and a smear of honey on a crispbread)

I try to have a really good breakfast (but can't manage it at 6am so have toast and tea to tide me over) and a good lunch, then just a light dinner - usually a salad, or if I'm taking my Zumba class (6.30-7.30 when the rest of my family is having their dinner) then I just have a protein shake, because I don't feel like eating anything when I get home.
  • jillcaudill
    jillcaudill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    small breakfast: usually 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce, cinnamon
    sometimes oatmeal with fruit and milk
    sometimes toast with almond butter

half hour after I eat until half hour before lunch: 28 oz stainless steel water bottle full of H2O (water is best outside of meals because it dilutes digestive juices in your stomach)

small lunch: usually either raw veggies dipped in almond butter
    sometimes fruit only (a banana, a whole papaya, and 5 dates) (fruit digests best when eaten without other foods except for with lettuce)
    sometiimes a sandwich with mustard and pickles

half hour after I eat until half hour before dinner: 28 oz stainless steel water bottle full of H2O

snack (somewhere in between lunch and dinner): either ~10 almonds, or 2 clementine cuties

larger dinner (usually between 500-800 calories depending on whether or not I really did low cal breakfast & lunch): usually 4 oz of some kind of meat broiled, some cooked green veggie, and I love to add cooked onion and mushrooms to everything, sometimes a small salad (I don't like a lot of low cal dressings, so I will mix like one or two tablespoons with something else like vinegar, hot sauce, or salsa), sometimes (not often) a small portion of a starch like a red potato or pasta

desert (not every night, but if I have calories to spare): skinny cow ice cream sandwiches (so yummy!), twizzlers, or maybe a small mini candy

evening tea: green tea with milk and 2 tsp sugar

8 oz of water before bed with my vitamins
  • helenamonks
    Options
    Depends on how long I'm awake and what I'm doing. Normally:

300-350 Cal Breakfast
    50-150 Cal Snack
    250-350 Cal Lunch
    50-150 Cal Snack
    250-350 Cal Supper
    50-150 Cal Snack

Like I said though, it depends a lot on what I'm doing that day. If I'm working out it leans more toward the higher numbers.

Also if it helps, my daily allowance on cals is 1250, on carbs about 140, fiber 20-30, and protein 100. I normally hit these everyday!
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Usually Oatmeal with fruit, Coffee Weekends Bagel Thin w/egg, turkey sausage
    Mid morning snack - cheese stick, almonds, celery w/peanut butter, yogurt
    Lunch - leftovers, subway, lean cuisine
    Afternoon snack - same as morning
    Dinner - prepared meal w/protein & veggies try not to have carbs
    Evening snack - skinny cow ice cream, raisin bread, milk, fudgesicle

I try to eat every 2-3 hours

You are welcome to look at my diary
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    my body is a time clock : I don't even have to look at the clock, I know what time it is!! lol
    7:30am
    10am
    12:30pm
    3pm
    6pm
    sometimes 8pm
  • knqtm104
    knqtm104 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    uaully breakfast,lunch,dinner and at least 2 snacks a day
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1250 but if I go over a bit I don't freak. Im not a big breakfast eater so I eat a pretty light meal early.

Breakfast 150- yogurt, oatmeal, trail mix
    Midmorning snack 150- usually kashi chewy granola bar
    Lunch 300 -cup of lowfat chili or progresso soup
    Midafternoon snack 100- clementine, trail mix, fruit cup
    Dinner 500 - combo of lean protein and veggies, or lean cuisine in a pinch
    Evening snack 100 - pudding cup, chipins, popcorn

I find that the frequency keeps me more than satisfied.