Day 1 of P90X....ACCOMPLISHED!

Options

Replies

• LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I used the P90X recovery drink in the beginning, but it did nothing for my nutritional needs. I switched to whey protein, which is great for recovery. So, right now I switch off between BSN Lean Dessert Protein and BSN Syntha-6. We workout in the morning, so it just works for me to have a banana and protein shake then head off to work. I don't do that every single day, but that's been the norm.

ok, great, can I get those from GNC? I just want to know what i should be taking!
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I used the P90X recovery drink in the beginning, but it did nothing for my nutritional needs. I switched to whey protein, which is great for recovery. So, right now I switch off between BSN Lean Dessert Protein and BSN Syntha-6. We workout in the morning, so it just works for me to have a banana and protein shake then head off to work. I don't do that every single day, but that's been the norm.

ok, great, can I get those from GNC? I just want to know what i should be taking!
    I don't know about those particular brands, but GNC does carry protein powders. That I where my husband and I buy ours. Good luck with P90X!! I am currently on week 3 of Turbo Fire and plan to do P90X after I finish Turbo.
  • etron
    etron Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm going to start P90X today, I think... I don't know if I'm strong enough yet. I'll see what I can do. Good luck to you! Keep posting updates!
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about trying it too.

I am looking to tone up
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

BSN brand is carried at Vitamin Shoppe, online at Amazon, bodybuilding.com or drugstore. Com
  • SoldierWife99
    Options
    I got lucky and a friend of my Husband's gave me the px90 set. I don't want to start it until after I finish the program I'm on now, but I'm curious, how long is each workout? I've heard its anywhere from 20-90 minutes, so I'd really like a solid answer from people who've done it. Thanks!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    P90X has 12 DVDs all but one is an hour long. Yoga is 90 minutes long.
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Day 3 is DONE! Had an awesome work out! today was Shoulders and Arms ( 58 min) and ab ripper x (17min)
    I did really crappy on abs today since I'm sooooo sore! its nuts!!!!!!! Is it normal that I'm not really sweating though!?!?!??
  • HLRoberts1987
    HLRoberts1987 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I did two rounds of it and it was SO worth it! The results are real. you def need to take a before and after picture you will be shocked by the results. Give each workout your all and you will be amazed at what you accomplish and the shape you will be in afterwards. :o) Just stick with it
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I did two rounds of it and it was SO worth it! The results are real. you def need to take a before and after picture you will be shocked by the results. Give each workout your all and you will be amazed at what you accomplish and the shape you will be in afterwards. :o) Just stick with it
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    Day 3 is DONE! Had an awesome work out! today was Shoulders and Arms ( 58 min) and ab ripper x (17min)
    I did really crappy on abs today since I'm sooooo sore! its nuts!!!!!!! Is it normal that I'm not really sweating though!?!?!??

I never really sweated that much when I first started P90X and then one day my body learned exactly how to sweat and now I do whenever I work out. i dunno if that s the case with you but to start off no I didnt sweat either. But your body will get used to these workouts and i'm sure the sweating will come :o)
  • LittleD311
    Options

I never really sweated that much when I first started P90X and then one day my body learned exactly how to sweat and now I do whenever I work out. i dunno if that s the case with you but to start off no I didnt sweat either. But your body will get used to these workouts and i'm sure the sweating will come :o)

Hmm...thats a good point! When I go to the gym and do cardio like arc trainer, treadmill, or bike, I will sweat, but it takes a lot for me to get it started! I am for sure giving my all, and very proud that on the repeats of exercises, i'm doing more than the first round, and find that i really love doing the work out! Im so proud that i'm going to stick with it! I just want my 30 days to get here so i can see! I can tell my body is changing, which sounds odd, since I'm only 3 days in, but, i've been at the gym for 3 months and havent felt like i do now, so its odd! I just hope i'm eating the right things as well. I am going to start really following the nutrition guide starting on monday! thanks again!
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    From your diary it looks like you are eating pretty good. Just the fast food ya gotta watch out for thats really it. I was the same way I was at the gym for about 3 months and really was not seeing the results that i wanted and so i received P90X as a gift adn did it and the results I got from the videos were phenominal compared to what i got just at the gym. I loved my results and I bet you will too! :o)

Have you done Plyo yet?
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Ha, its bad, during the week i cook, and then friday nights we always go to taco bell! ha ha! I need to cut it out! Last week i was so sick that i didnt really log in, since i had no appetitie what so ever! I'm pretty much eating 6 times a day, and I think i'm doing pretty well, just hating that i feel like im still not loosing, but i can tell my body is going to be in awesome shape at the end of this! i'm currently unemployed so its easy for me to stay on routine!!!! thanks though!

yes, plyo was yesterday, and HOLY COW! loved and hated it! My legs are KILLIN me today!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Ha, its bad, during the week i cook, and then friday nights we always go to taco bell! ha ha! I need to cut it out! Last week i was so sick that i didnt really log in, since i had no appetitie what so ever! I'm pretty much eating 6 times a day, and I think i'm doing pretty well, just hating that i feel like im still not loosing, but i can tell my body is going to be in awesome shape at the end of this! i'm currently unemployed so its easy for me to stay on routine!!!! thanks though!

yes, plyo was yesterday, and HOLY COW! loved and hated it! My legs are KILLIN me today!

Believe it or not, you can make good choices at Taco Bell. I know it's not the best option. But there are their fresco taco's which aren't off the charts and if you fit it in to your calories I say go ahead. Keep up the good work, you will see some amazing changes!!!
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Hubby and I are finishing week 3! LOVE IT!! You will be so sore this week...but it does get better! I promise!! Plyo is my favorite and I am learning to love Yoga! Just keep going!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Hubby and I are finishing week 3! LOVE IT!! You will be so sore this week...but it does get better! I promise!! Plyo is my favorite and I am learning to love Yoga! Just keep going!!

enjoy recovery week
  • LittleD311
    Options
    thank you, whenever i get taco bell its usually the 3 hard taco deal, and i dont drink the soda, i'll have my water.

I'm just confused about calories. Im supposed to be getting in 1,4000 a day, but when i add in my work out and how many calories i burn, i just dont get it!

PLYO kicked my butt!
  • LittleD311
    Options

ok, did yoga x today...um....wth!? I was so confused, i hated it, but then it got better towards the end...i am so not flexible at all!
  • Randallw25
    Options

ok, did yoga x today...um....wth!? I was so confused, i hated it, but then it got better towards the end...i am so not flexible at all!
    Congrats on what you have accomplished so far. Yoga is the one that is the most difficult for most people. It is tough but keep trying and doing what you can. I wont say you will be all the way to the ground come day 90, but you will get better. Keep it up.