Making dinner....need ideas for side dishes....Help! Going

Options
Making dinner for my mom and step dad (late fathers day) and I really want to show them that you can eat well and still be healthy.....She thinks thaty it means no salt, no sugar, no bread no cheese....basically.....no GOOD. I'm making HG Turkey taco meatloaf...It tastes sinful.....:bigsmile:

What else?

Replies

• readytomove
    Options
    Making dinner for my mom and step dad (late fathers day) and I really want to show them that you can eat well and still be healthy.....She thinks thaty it means no salt, no sugar, no bread no cheese....basically.....no GOOD. I'm making HG Turkey taco meatloaf...It tastes sinful.....:bigsmile:

What else?
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    fresh steamed veggies?
    rice?
    mexican rice maybe?
    bean dip?
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    potato skins with ff sour cream and cheese.
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    whole wheat pasta tossed with a little bit of olive oil, garlic and steamed veggies....yumm
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You should make mashed potatoes and mashed cauliflower and mix them together Half and half is usually good and as long as the cauliflower is tender and chopped well (I put in in my food chopper until it is smooth) you can't even tell it really has cauliflower in it then put a lower cal gravy on the side. Don't tell until after dinner is done. Worked on my fiance and he doesn't even use gravy!!
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    green giant has bags of roasted potatoes with garlic and herbs that are to die for and only 90 calories per serving

and steam fresh whole green beans tossed with a little slivered almonds and spray butter
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    go buy the green giant broccli with cheese sauce..only 60 cals a serving.. AWSOME... theres your cheese for them.. really good to...