get scared

Options
sometimes of gaining weight back and becoming 166 lb peson I use to be and totally freaks me out sometimes. Does anyone ever feel that way?

Replies

• Sherry41
    Options
    All the time. To me losing weight is the easiest part, it is the keeping it off part that is the hardest.
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Wow... You lost a lot. How tall are you?
  • hajjcomb
    hajjcomb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yes. There was a very good essay in the recent Runner's World written by Peter Sagel. The basic premise is that once you've been overweight you will always have mental baggage associated with that.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    feel that way everyday ....
  • bespatter
    bespatter Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've kept the weight off for seven years, but I'm still afraid of gaining it back. Maintaining is hard for me, not so much as I go overboard but because I tend to undereat. I still feel like the same person inside, so it's hard not to think I look the way I feel!

However, I definitely don't regret losing it. It was definitely one of the best things I've ever done for my body and my health, and as long as I continue to eat healthy and work out moderately, I'm able to remind myself that I am in the best shape of my life. I wouldn't change it for nothing!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Definitely. On a day like today where I made some terrible choices I think have I not learned anything in 3 years? But I also realize I have persistance which I was lacking previously. So I am not perfect but I don't need to be. Tomorrow is the next day I can be either my best friend or worst. I am going to choose best.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    In my past history I have always felt like, quick get the camera and take a picture before I get fat again.
    This time I haven't had that feeling at all. I feel like I can do this and I don't feel like I'm on a diet.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Definitely. On a day like today where I made some terrible choices I think have I not learned anything in 3 years? But I also realize I have persistance which I was lacking previously. So I am not perfect but I don't need to be. Tomorrow is the next day I can be either my best friend or worst. I am going to choose best.

[/quo
    Well said and bottom line you have to live and sometimes we need to have some junk food and enjoy it then move on, eating healthy again.
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Wow... you have just put into words exactly how I've felt! I would lose a massive amount of weight, bask in the compliments, knowing I couldn't pull off maintaining that weight for more than a few months.