What you can do for knee pain?

Options
2»

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm starting to wonder if I'm not doing the exercise correctly....because lunges and squats (which help strengthen to relieve the knees)...is what hurts. lol
  • NatsunoHana
    Options
    I get knee pain too, especially when doing squats. As soon as I notice a little twinge of pain while I'm doing exercise DVDs (like Turbo Jam) I modify the moves. Instead of quitting my workout, I'll walk quickly in place or do heel taps instead of doing the squats. Then, I'll be extra careful of my knees for the next week or so. I've also found that glucosamine supplements really help joint pain. Also, I've read that knee pain will lessen as you lose weight because there's less pressure on the joint. I hope this helps! :smile:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm starting to wonder if I'm not doing the exercise correctly....because lunges and squats (which help strengthen to relieve the knees)...is what hurts. lol

Just to repeat--the squats and lunges are more advanced exercises. They help, but only once the inflammation has subsided and the more basic strengthening has been accomplished. If you have strained the knee, or have tendinitis, then they can aggravate the problem. It may seem counterintuitive at first, but it's more a case of "do no exercise before its time".
  • vzepol
    vzepol Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Good advice
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/

There is a good instructional video on this site.
    Also, have you ever done any type of exercise like this before? I was just thinking, is your pain soreness from the workout? Or pain from a possible strain? Sometimes I have intense cutting sensations in my knees after squatting, but it goes away if I do proper cool down routines. Stationary bike helps me.