Tracking exercise: Strength Training

Options
How come when I enter a strength training work out it doesn't calculate the calories burned?

Thanks!

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    If you go under cardio, there's a weight lifting one that will track some calories. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but check it out!
  • BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ikr! just add it under your cardio.... I don't go by the calories burned that the site supplies b/c it is not correct anyway. i always put down what the machine say i burned.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    That is strange based on the philosophy of MFP. I am pretty basic on my weight training of about 15 minutes fairly intense, but in the past I would have about a 40 minute very intense the whole time. I would have burned a bunch or calories that way. In fact I know I did because I lost a bunch of fat that way when I did it regularly. Since that would have been that case I would throw off your net calories. I don't follow that philosophy of net calories, so it doesn't bother me, but it would be nice to have the calories recorded for information sake.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    ikr! just add it under your cardio.... I don't go by the calories burned that the site supplies b/c it is not correct anyway. i always put down what the machine say i burned.

Unless you have a continuous Heart Rate Monitor, the machines are not that accurate either. I am not sure on the Heart Rate monitor either, but I am guess it is closer. I hope you are not taking the highest of the estimate between the site and the machine. I know for me the amount of calories measured on my heart rate monitor are always different and usually less than the estimate on the site.