a question???

Options
is there an average wieght a women may put on during her menstral cycle and is there any way of avoiding this??
i have been dieting for 2wks now but only discovered the site yesterday, in 2wks of being really carefull i'v only lost 2lb.
:ohwell:

Replies

• kimmy666
    kimmy666 Posts: 56
    Options
    is there an average wieght a women may put on during her menstral cycle and is there any way of avoiding this??
    i have been dieting for 2wks now but only discovered the site yesterday, in 2wks of being really carefull i'v only lost 2lb.
    :ohwell:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    A 2lb loss is great! Be proud! Way to go!!! :flowerforyou:

I don't know about the cycle thing... I usually don't weigh myself around that time. :blushing:
  • jesse1117
    jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i ususally gain a couple of pounds in water weight a day or two before "the event". to avoid water retention you are supposed to avoid salt but i would rather retain water than live without salt! :smile:

oh - and congratulations! 2 pounds is a great start! this is a great site, welcome. :drinker:
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    watch your salt intake
    not just what you add but watch the foods - deli meats, canned foods, chips, processed foods, etc.
  • tamgreg
    tamgreg Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi, I just joined this site today. My big downfall is I am a salt lover!!! anybody have any ideas about how to overcome this???
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    what is it that you like about salt? Is types of food that are salty (chips, dlei meats)? The only way is to avoid these or limit them. If it is as a seasoning try different ones besides salt (garlic, lemon, thyme, etc) depending on the food. I Try a salt substitute also.
    I limit processed foods to my favorites and limit the times I eat them. Can't go to a ball game without having a hot dog and sometimes I just crave a ham sandwich.
    I don't cook with salt ever and really don't miss it. In fact now some foods just seem too salty. My family doesnt miss it either. I do still put salt on my mashed potatoes just can't eat without it.
    good luck remember start small change is difficult but can be easy when done slowly