10lbs left

Options
Question for those with around 10lbs left to lose: do you find it you need to push yourself harder than normal? What's your fitness routine and is it working towards the last 10lbs goal? I'm finding it tough to lose these.

Replies

• mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I've always heard the best thing to do is shake things up. Add some extra cardio, change your workout routine and just keep at it. I'm nearing the last 10 pounds here soon and plan on either starting P90X or something to fight that last bit off.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Shake things up and eat more!! With 10lbs to lose I had to start really eating my cals - changed my goals to lose only 0.5lbs/week and I started seeing the weight drop off. Lost 15lbs in the last 3 months, steady, even though my goals were set lower than that. Your body knows it's already nearing a very healthy stable weight and it needs the go-ahead that you aren't starving to drop those last 10-15lbs. If you aren't eating enough you may be stalling your progress.

Just a thought :flowerforyou: Good luck, Cris!
  • cris12
    cris12 Posts: 90
    Options
    thanks! this really helps :) these 10 pounds need to know they're going
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat - 9lbs left to go and it's as though I'm stuck. I hired the same personal trainer who helped me to shift the weight last year and he has me focusing in on resistance training and tabata intervals on the treadmill as these both increase you RMR which means you burn more calories whilst you're resting.

I would advise incorporating lots of resistance training, it really does make a difference :smile: